Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
image.jpg
First post, been lurking here for months.

Huge thanks to ajamesp51 for the ridiculously fast turnaround on a new site install!

I used to shoot a Kimber .45 but sold it a few years back. Missed shooting do after much research (many thanks to this great forum), I picked up a new XDm 4.5" 9mm a few months ago. It did ok but all my groups were 2" left. I'd compensate by aiming at a imaginary spot to the right but that's a lousy option and my groups showed it. Considered drifting the sight, a reflex sight, or an adjustable sight. This is pretty much a range pistol so I wasn't worried about snags or concealability (forget carrying in Maryland).

Decided to go with a tritium Dawson adjustable rear and a fiber front (.285 tall x .105w). Went tritium because the color during the day would be subdued and I could focus more on the front. Took it to the range yesterday to sight it in and my first impression is very favorable. Pretty sure the range officer is now in the market for an XDm too! I still need to fine tune the sight but am very pleased with 10 and 20 yard results.

Note that for the pics, I tried to estimate the distance of the camera to sight to simulate an actual sight picture a shooter would see. I'm sure it's close but not perfectly accurate.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 44293 First post, been lurking here for months.

Huge thanks to ajamesp51 for the ridiculously fast turnaround on a new site install!

I used to shoot a Kimber .45 but sold it a few years back. Missed shooting do after much research (many thanks to this great forum), I picked up a new XDm 4.5" 9mm a few months ago. It did ok but all my groups were 2" left. I'd compensate by aiming at a imaginary spot to the right but that's a lousy option and my groups showed it. Considered drifting the sight, a reflex sight, or an adjustable sight. This is pretty much a range pistol so I wasn't worried about snags or concealability (forget carrying in Maryland).

Decided to go with a tritium Dawson adjustable rear and a fiber front (.285 tall x .105w). Went tritium because the color during the day would be subdued and I could focus more on the front. Took it to the range yesterday to sight it in and my first impression is very favorable. Pretty sure the range officer is now in the market for an XDm too! I still need to fine tune the sight but am very pleased with 10 and 20 yard results.

Note that for the pics, I tried to estimate the distance of the camera to sight to simulate an actual sight picture a shooter would see. I'm sure it's close but not perfectly accurate.
Looks good!
Part numbers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good!
Part numbers?
Thank you.

Sure - ordered direct from Dawson Precision.
The adjustable tritium rear for the XD and XDm is 017-017.

The front FO is 050-885-00. This came with both red and green fibers.

Front and rear available in black , tritium, or FO. Mix and match as you wish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you.

Sure - ordered direct from Dawson Precision.
The adjustable tritium rear for the XD and XDm is 017-017.

The front FO is 050-885-00. This came with both red and green fibers.

Front and rear available in black , tritium, or FO. Mix and match as you wish.
Awesome, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts