Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I love my 4.5 xdm 9mm. Just today i was hitting a 10" target from at least 30 yards easily, fairly quick sight picture not waiting for perfect alignment and still hitting. Its so easy to shoot this gun.
Does anyone know if there is any real difference in accuracy between the xd and xdm? Im thinkin of getting a .45 but want it to be concealable so probly the 4" .45c xd. Is this a very accurate firearm. And yes I know how to shoot. I am not however a expert or even close just a responsible cpl holder that loves to practice and train.
West Michigan

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
At SD ranges you won't see in real difference in accuracy. For the most part the 2 guns are the same except for the supposed "match barrel".

I've owned both the XDM 9 and XD 9 Service.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gun is just as accurate as you can shoot it.
I knew someone would say this. But I disagree. It may only make a slight difference but at 25+ yards it does matter. Why do u think the pros use match and comp grade equipment? All guns are NOT equal.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I knew someone would say this. But I disagree. It may only make a slight difference but at 25+ yards it does matter. Why do u think the pros use match and comp grade equipment? All guns are NOT equal.
Like I said I owned both. As a CC pistol that XD .45 C is a great choice. As long as you do your part.

Unless you intend to shoot competition then 25 yards is just a for fun thing to see how good you can get.

Other than that. For it's intended purpose as a hard use combat accurate pistol you should have no trouble at SD ranges and you may be surprised how accurate it shoots at 25 yards even without the match barrel.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Like I said I owned both. As a CC pistol that XD .45 C is a great choice. As long as you do your part.

Unless you intend to shoot competition then 25 yards is just a for fun thing to see how good you can get.

Other than that. For it's intended purpose as a hard use combat accurate pistol you should have no trouble at SD ranges and you may be surprised how accurate it shoots at 25 yards even without the match barrel.
Having shot just about the entire line of XD/XDm over the years ... I totally agree !!

And at 25 yards, the shooter is much more important than the gun ... Match grade doesn't mean much, if you can't hold ANY gun steady enough to hit the target, consistently.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Understood and I agree. I know they are both very accurate pistols. I focus on shot placement and want to be able to get everything possible out of the gun. I do shoot out to about 50 yds with my XDm for fun just so I know I can do it, and the pistol can. Thanks

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Understood and I agree. I know they are both very accurate pistols. I focus on shot placement and want to be able to get everything possible out of the gun. I do shoot out to about 50 yds with my XDm for fun just so I know I can do it, and the pistol can. Thanks
I was with a group one day shooting at a computer case at 170 yards with handguns.
It can be done, but it's much easier to use a big revolver at those distances.

·
Registered
195 Posts
So far I like the groups I am getting with my XDM-45.
25 yards can keep 10 round groups in the black of a B-16 or B-8 target
if I do my part.
I like my XDM-9 but don't do as well with it at 25 yards.
I reload for the 45 but not the 9 so that might be the reason.

·
Registered
5 Posts
these guns are no where near accurate for ranges like the kimbers and sigs.I seen two friends get rid of theres after watching and shooting a friends 226 in 45.go figure

·
Registered
518 Posts
I practice (for fun) on clays at 25 yds with my XD45 5" Tac. It's surprisingly accurate out to 25!

·
Registered
518 Posts
these guns are no where near accurate for ranges like the kimbers and sigs.I seen two friends get rid of theres after watching and shooting a friends 226 in 45.go figure
After making the last post I made, I would also agree with this post. The XD line is more of a tactical, center mass gun than a group shooting range gun. But for what they are, they are about the best.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
"match grade" and "competition grade" are meaningless marketing drivel. Totally meaningless. I can shoot a rusty hi-point at a match. That hi-point is now officially "match grade" and because it was a competition, it's also "comp grade" too! See how marketing drivel works? Us old racers remember the days when you would buy camshafts that were a "3/4 race cam". What the heck did that mean? Absolutely nothing. Today you buy camshafts based on max lift, total lift, lift at 0.050, lobe separation angle, etc etc etc. When manufacturers are FORCED to divulge exact specifications, then you can compare.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I am sure there are more accurate guns out than the XDm but after seeing a range officer shoot my XDm compact it is plenty good enough for me. Trust me, the gun is not the reason I can not hit a bull's eye!

One day at the range one of the range officers saw my XDm compact and said he had not shoot one before. I loaded it up and told him to go ahead. He moved the target out to fifty feet an emptied the 16 round mag into a less than three inch circle. I am lucky to have a eight inch circle cover the bulk of my shoots at that range! So unless you are shooting competitively, how more accuracy do you need?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts