Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a trigger job done on my XDm 9mm. It looks like Powder River Precision Inc. and Springer Precision both sell kits. My question is, is one better than the other? Also I see the "drop-in" kits and I can either do it myself or send it to Springer and either way the same kit is used. Is it that difficult to do-it-myself or should I send it in?
Opinions? Experience?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just got off the phone with Scott Springer. My new XDm is on it's way to him for a FULL makeover. He is very knowlegable and a nice guy. He shoots lights out and from what I could tell does most of the work himself. He's getting my $$$.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I just sent my XD45 to [email protected] Springer Precision for the 4# combat/carry tigger job, Dawson fixed sites and a super cool refinishing. He also emailed me a shipping label so it only cost me $5.81 to FEDX it overnite fully insure. Call me crazy but I think somethings are bettor off left to the pros especially when it involves something that goes BANG! Check out the Springer web site and neat finishes offered for your XD.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just sent my XD45 to [email protected] Springer Precision for the 4# combat/carry tigger job, Dawson fixed sites and a super cool refinishing. He also emailed me a shipping label so it only cost me $5.81 to FEDX it overnite fully insure. Call me crazy but I think somethings are bettor off left to the pros especially when it involves something that goes BANG! Check out the Springer web site and neat finishes offered for your XD.

I see they offer 20% off shipping....but how did you get it down to 5.81 for overnight? Do you live near him?

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
I want to get a trigger job done on my XDm 9mm. It looks like Powder River Precision Inc. and Springer Precision both sell kits. My question is, is one better than the other? Also I see the "drop-in" kits and I can either do it myself or send it to Springer and either way the same kit is used. Is it that difficult to do-it-myself or should I send it in?
Opinions? Experience?
This is an oft discussed topic. I had the same question and did both to see which I liked better.

I have installed a Springer kit (sear and bar) and a PRP match kit in my own pistols. I have shot a Canyon Creek gun. I have had PRP install a kit on two of my pistols (one of them on top of a Springer self-installed kit).

To me, the best in kit is PRP. PRP is better at tuning it than I am, probably because he's more patient. The PRP trigger is cleaner, crisper, and shorter. The best trigger I have is the PRP installed PRP safety lever and overtravel stop. I also have that in my XDm. It is a very crisp trigger for a striker fired gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts