Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time posting, so go easy on me, LOL.

My gf owns a XD 9 subcompact. I purchased this gun for her because she liked how it fit in her hand and she liked the safety features of the gun.

I have fired this gun several times. One of the biggest problems I have with this gun, and the full size, is that the trigger reach is to short for my hand. I don't have long fingers, but I do have a largish hand.

So getting to the XDm in the 9mm, I have two questions. When purchasing this gun, does it come with all the backstraps or do you have to purchase seperately?

Second question is, does the backstrap on this gun, especially going to the largest one, increase trigger reach?

I have seen this gun with the middle backstrap and put it into my hands. It is slightly better than the standard XD, but still not where I'd like it at concerning trigger reach.

The gun I currently own is the Ruger 9mm polymer. I think the P90 is what it is called. I like this gun, but I have similar trigger reach issues and the gun is not as accurate as I think a gun should be.

Thank you for any comments.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It does come with 3 backstraps - the medium one is installed at the factory. I have tried all three and seem to shoot best with the small one. To me, the medium one "felt" more comfortable but I am more accurate with the small one. The large one definitely did not work - the LOP (length of pull) was way too long and I was pushing to the left with my trigger finger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts