Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an XD 9 SC, and I love it.

In the next few months (by spring) want to get an XD for shooting games, target shooting, etc. Which of these two guns do you guys think I should get? Do I spend the extra money for the match-grade barrel or go with the much cheaper straight XD?

Obviously, I'll check them both out closely in the months to come, and I know both will fit my hands...after all, they're both XD's.

Just fishing for opinions of my local XD "brain trust."

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
I currently have an XD 9 SC, and I love it.

In the next few months (by spring) want to get an XD for shooting games, target shooting, etc. Which of these two guns do you guys think I should get? Do I spend the extra money for the match-grade barrel or go with the much cheaper straight XD?

Obviously, I'll check them both out closely in the months to come, and I know both will fit my hands...after all, they're both XD's.

Just fishing for opinions of my local XD "brain trust."
I assume that you mean the XDM, as in "match grade Barrel". A match grade barrel, installed will cost $200 plus and then you still need to upgrade the trigger to equal the XDM. You make the choice.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
The XDM has the advantage only in 40SW. The capacity had been an issue in the 40 for some time. If you want capacity then go for the XDM9. I perfer the xd9tac because of the abillity to use 1911 springs to tune the gun for my handloads. I don't know if the XDM can do this. As far as "match grade" goes...I take that phrase with a grain of salt when refering to a production gun or combat handgun(which this is). The XD is a combat pistol and needs significant trigger work in order to be competitive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This post is kinda' of opinionated.

I understand this before I post (I just bought the XD-9 Tactical version today, so yeah, I'm biased.)

You give the finest long bow to a layperson and you'll end up with a very bad archer.

You put the same long bow in the hands of Robin Hood.............well, we all know Robin Hood was fiction.

Yeah, I'm making sure I made a good decision today. jp ;)

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I would get the XD-9 Tac and then you will have money to customize it to your liking. You will have money left over for sights, trigger, guide rod and spring, etc. You take the choice to setup the gun how you would like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts