Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've noticed an issue loading the 19 round magazine to capacity using hollow-points. I haven't had a chance to test a number of rounds, but i had a box of zombie max that i tested and it was quite difficult loading 17-18 rounds in the magazine.

Just wanted to see if others have had similar issues. Gun is pretty fresh and not even broken in yet so maybe the spring will wear over time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Probably just new. Mines a year old or so and it still is hard to get those last few rounds in. That load thingy ma bob really helps to get the last few in. Sorry bout the newbie thingy ma bob thing. Can't think of the right name for it at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

·
Premium Member
7,075 Posts
You need an Uplula loader.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Use the magazine loader that came with your pistol. Don't waste the 30 on a Uplula. Still haven't figured out why people do that? If this is the only pistol you have why waste the money on something that already came with the gun??

·
Premium Member
7,075 Posts
Use the magazine loader that came with your pistol. Don't waste the 30 on a Uplula. Still haven't figured out why people do that? If this is the only pistol you have why waste the money on something that already cam with the gun??
Obviously, you have never used an Uplula. The difference is night and day.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Use the magazine loader that came with your pistol. Don't waste the 30 on a Uplula. Still haven't figured out why people do that? If this is the only pistol you have why waste the money on something that already cam with the gun??
Never liked the SA Loader, never could get it to work easily.
Uplula was the best accessory I have bought. Plus it works on ALL of my auto's magazines.

·
Registered
57 Posts
They're not even close to the same thing. Borrow someone's Uplula and you'll see.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hmm. I can load mine pretty quickly but no I have never used the Uplula. The only difference between the 2 that I have seen is that the SA factory one only pushes down the rear of the shell and not the bullet itself which means I have to push it down with the next round I'm putting in. Honestly though I don't ever use either. Only loading 10rds at a time for competition practice. I never struggle to get the last couple rounds in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the SA loader and the Uplula. The Uplula does work easily, and possibly better, but the difference didn't seem that great to me. Both are easy. I have not gone back to the SA loader, maybe I should try that and see if I can tell more of a difference now.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Use the magazine loader that came with your pistol. Don't waste the 30 on a Uplula. Still haven't figured out why people do that? If this is the only pistol you have why waste the money on something that already came with the gun??
Totally agree, the loader that came with the gun is perfectly adequate.

don

·
Registered
55 Posts
Never liked the SA Loader, never could get it to work easily.
Uplula was the best accessory I have bought. Plus it works on ALL of my auto's magazines.
+2, use mine all the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts