Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone w/ the gun shop that I bought my XDm 4.5 from to see if they have any compacts. I've checked at a few other places and they would have to order one and the price varied from $680 to $750. I figured if I was going to order one, I'd order the bitone, and that I would prefer to give my business to the little shop that I bought my first gun at.

Turns out, they have an all black one that's "used", but it's never been shot. A woman bought it a few months ago, then fell on some hard times and needed the money, so brought it in and sold it to them. They're asking - $449!!! Can you believe it?!?! When he told me the price I said - "No, I'm looking for an XDm not an XD" - and he verified it's an XDm! He also said it's just mint. He put it in the back for me and I'm heading up there after work to pick it up. It's not the bitone, but for that price, who cares! It's going to be my carry gun (instead of carrying my full size), so who really cares if it's not the bitone. The money I'm going to save can go towards the EMP that I want! (My poor husband - he just didn't know what he was getting into when he encouraged me to get my permit to carry!) :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
That is a pretty wicked sweet deal. I would have jumped it as well!

·
Registered
224 Posts
wow great deal!!! I just got my compact last month and I paid $560 total and I thought I got a goot deal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was able to get mine plus a carbon fiber blackhawk serpa holster for right at $600.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything you're saying just reinforces my decision to buy it - as long as it truly is in great shape. I'll let you know tomorrow if I take it - I won't have time tonight because if I buy it, I'll be heading right up to the range to try it out tonight! Oh, my husband's going to kill me! :-?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Everything you're saying just reinforces my decision to buy it - as long as it truly is in great shape. I'll let you know tomorrow if I take it - I won't have time tonight because if I buy it, I'll be heading right up to the range to try it out tonight! Oh, my husband's going to kill me! :-?
He should appreciate a woman like you!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Why thank you dhunley - that's sweet of you! I'll remind him of that when he's lecturing me on why I don't need another gun. ;)
Two is one and one is none. I forget who said that, but it's true. What happens if you want to send one of your guns out to get worked on? Or what if you need some maintenance on one of them? Are you going to disarm for the two weeks or however long it takes? Ridiculous.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I didn't look at your screen name before reading the posts and then I got to the one where you said your husband was going to kill you and went huh? Then I looked at your screen name.

Got to love a woman who gets excited about guns!

Awesome find. I paid $634 for mine the end of May.

·
Registered
432 Posts
"Two is one and one is none."

Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch.

That is a smokin deal! Good thing you had him put it in the back for you. It would be gone quick.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Two is one and one is none. I forget who said that, but it's true. What happens if you want to send one of your guns out to get worked on? Or what if you need some maintenance on one of them? Are you going to disarm for the two weeks or however long it takes? Ridiculous.
That is a really good point! And, I did buy it tonight and went shooting (see other thread after going to the range). My hubby doesn't know that yet - but I'll use your argument when I tell him, because it makes total sense.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Woot!! :d

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I told my husband this weekend about buying the gun and much to my surprise there was no lecture! I'm thinking that he actually is kind of proud of the fact that his wife carries and goes to the range on a regular basis. As he's said to me, it's not every man that has a wife that's "into" guns and he kind of likes it (even though it's not cheap!).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts