Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new barrel for an XDm 5.25 Competition model in 9mm. It seems that Bar-Sto is the only one that makes a barrel for it, and it is described as a Semi-Fit. My question is for those that have done it, how hard is it to do? I am pretty good at doing my own work, but I am no machinist.

So it comes down to sending to to SA to fit a new barrel, sending it to SpringerPrecision or some other gunsmith and having a Bar-Sto fit, or doing it myself. I am not sure if it really is something I could do or not.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surprised at the lack of response. So, I decided to take the safer route and just have SA do the work. From what I can tell everyone is OOS on the Bar-Sto barrel, with at least a 2 month wait.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I just read this today, but Springfield Custom shop will fit your 5.25 with a barrel for all the accuracy you can use. Since you already sent it to them, I am sure you will be happy with the results. Please report back when you receive the gun back from them.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Received the gun back the other day, which was 11 days from when it left my hands. The barrel fit was very tight, and it shoots a little bit tighter groups than before. My son is very happy with the results, and I am happy it was done so fast. He was not looking forward to competing with my CZ 75 for the next few matches. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts