Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my XDM 9mm the other day and having problems with full mag release...

I have read posts about people having problems with full mags and the magazine release taking 2 hands to push in, but have not yet seen how anyone has fixed it.

When I load 19 rounds into my magazine and then try to eject with magazine release it takes ALOT of force to do so. I know theres no real reason or need to release a full magazine but it bothers the crap out of me because none of my other pistols are near this hard to release with a full mag.

Anyone been able to get this fixed?

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I just purchased my XDM 9mm the other day and having problems with full mag release...

I have read posts about people having problems with full mags and the magazine release taking 2 hands to push in, but have not yet seen how anyone has fixed it.

When I load 19 rounds into my magazine and then try to eject with magazine release it takes ALOT of force to do so. I know theres no real reason or need to release a full magazine but it bothers the crap out of me because none of my other pistols are near this hard to release with a full mag.

Anyone been able to get this fixed?

Thanks for the help
Give it some time. I've put about 500 rds through mine. At first it took two hands to release a full magazine. Now a stiff push with the thumb takes care of it.

I read that one forum member called SA and they asked him to send the frame back. I'm guessing they filed a little on the catch inside the frame, but I would attempt that myself.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mine was REAL stiff at first too. Still stiff now, but not hard by any means. I have about 400 rounds through mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine was REAL stiff at first too. Still stiff now, but not hard by any means. I have about 400 rounds through mine.
Thank god. I got my first pistol yesterday, XD .45ACP 4". I will be going to the range tomorrow, to throw a couple hundred rounds through.

I noticed the same thing. Loaded a mag, inserted, then damn near could not get the thing out... (figured out that if I pushed in on the mag, that it was easy to push the release button at the same time)

I'd rather the mag be tight and NOT come out easily(loaded), than to wind up losing it when I needed it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My HK USP45 is also stiffer with a full mag vs. empty. Never had trouble dropping either though.

Maybe pick up one of these?

:p j/k

VV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts