Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I recently purchased an XDM-9 thru a local dealer. I think it was a good deal and its a great shooting gun. It comes std with (2) 19rd. mags, which, supposedly had been altered to be NJ legal (no more than 15 rds). The dealer checked both mags before selling me the gun and found that one still permitted 17 rds to be loaded, therefore, he would not allow me to take that mag. until he was able to correct it. The other one was OK. My problem comes in trying to find any other replacement mags for this gun. It appears that SA only makes the 19rd mag for this gun. There is a 13rd version for the Compact version, but not mine. I cant find any mag manufacturer that makes a NJ Legal mag (15 rds or less). Would appreciate any help anyone can offer. My only other alternative would be to have a dealer order another 19rd mag and then pay addnl. to have him alter it to 15 before getting it. Thanks. C.Mueller

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'll never understand magazine capacity limits. As if the 11th or 16th round is thermonuclear or something.

As for your actual question, I've never seen any capacity other than the 19 round either. I think you may have to go the order and modify route.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
For they not make 10 rd Magdalen for the xdm?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Chuck,

You might also search for some of the California threads on mag capacity limitations. I've seen some simple methods to limit the follower travel in some of those threads.

Sorry that I don't have links already.

Scott.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I saw others asking about the same thing earlier this year, and there wasn't one out there. Did some search via google but can't seem to find anything like that either.

Or can any of your local gunsmith pinned the magazine to make it 15 round or less?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Try calling springfield and ask them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Chuck,
For my XD-9 I picked up a couple of 15 round mags from Midwayusa.com.
The brand is ProMag and even though they have a 1 star review, mine have been just fine with a few hundred rounds thru them so far. They are for sale and in stock for $23.99 (I just checked). Silly 15 round limit for us here in New Jersey. :cry:

·
Registered
141 Posts
No silly mag limits in Michigan either. Its an AUTO-LOADER!!! Silly politicians. All I have to do when I go on my daily mass shooting sprees is drop the mag and replace it with another one. If you put a mag limit on me i'll just buy more mags!!! Muhahahaha!!!!

What is 50 rounds if its contained in 4 mags or 10 mags, it still only takes 2 secs max to reload. Anything to infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights, ok I'm done with my rant.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I did some searching on the web and couldn't find any 10 round mags, might not have been the best gun to buy in NJ.

I think if I lived in an anti-gun state I would stick with 1911's for all my hand guns because limiting mags makes me sad :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts