Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed my concealed carry class and have applied for my permit. Now I need to get myself a concealed cary holster. I have looked at the Galco King Tuk on-line but am not positive my XDM will fit...and can't seem to find a definite answer.

Can I get some advice on this...not just the Galco, but concealed holsters in general. I think I want the in-the-pants type.

Sorry if this info is already posted, looked around but did not see anything without digging deep.

thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
The "official" name for the in pants holsters are "inside the waistband" (or IWB, and you'll probably get better results with Google with that).

From what I've seen on this site, from other threads is Crossbreed Supertuck is going to be the most commonly suggested IWB holster.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I can confirm that the CD king tuk will fit the XDm 9. You need to decide how and where on your person you want to carry and whether or not you need to tuck.

Not sure of your build but you nay consider AIWB too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Get a Supertuck....It won't be your last...They are great and a big supporter of this forum...

·
Registered
287 Posts
CBST- Best holster ever. I actually find it even more comfortable than my Crossbreed Snap Slide.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
CBST = Cross Breed SuperTuck

It took me a while to catch up with the acronyms as well. I just ordered a CBST for my XDm 9 4.5 (today actually). I've done quite a bit of looking for an inner waist band (IWB) holster and it seems that for big guys like me this one has the best reviews. There are lots of them out there to choose from and these are middle of the road on pricing and always positive on their customer service reviews. I was hoping I'd see them come up on Gearhog, but I couldn't wait.

·
Registered
61 Posts
CBST = Cross Breed SuperTuck

It took me a while to catch up with the acronyms as well. I just ordered a CBST for my XDm 9 4.5 (today actually). I've done quite a bit of looking for an inner waist band (IWB) holster and it seems that for big guys like me this one has the best reviews. There are lots of them out there to choose from and these are middle of the road on pricing and always positive on their customer service reviews. I was hoping I'd see them come up on Gearhog, but I couldn't wait.
You won't be disappointed. They are comfortable once you get them on but once you break it in, you seriously can forget it's there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love the CrossBreed Supertuck too. Good stuff.

I also like the Garrett Silent Thunder IWB for the XDM because it provides a fast draw, is leather lined, and is easy to put on and take off but holds the handgun securely when using a good belt:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Before you buy the CBST, check out the comp-tac MTAC too.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

I don't know anything about the CBST, never seen one in person or worn one, but they have a great reputation here and I'm sure you can't go wrong with one.

I ended up deciding on the MTAC because it seemed like a product that was just as well made, and build/delivery time is a lot shorter than crossbreed. I think crossbreed takes 3-4 weeks to get you the holster after ordering it. Comp-tac had mine built in 2 days, I had it in my hand less than a week after ordering.

Also, if you have multiple guns or think you might get more, the MTAC has interchangeable kydex bodies. You can order the kydex for your other guns for fairly cheap, and just switch the kydex on the leather. One holster can take as many guns as you have.

I love this holster. It conceals great, insanely comfortable. I'm always forgetting that I'm wearing it, and have to put my hand on the gun to make sure that I remembered to put it on. The clips are easily adjustable so you can adjust the cant to whatever you want.

It's a great quality holster

CBST or MTAC, don't think you can go wrong with either

·
Registered
252 Posts
I love the CrossBreed Supertuck too. Good stuff.

I also like the Garrett Silent Thunder IWB for the XDM because it provides a fast draw, is leather lined, and is easy to put on and take off but holds the handgun securely when using a good belt:

how much did you pay?

·
Registered
87 Posts
another option for you is the Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC Holster...it is real comfortable and the customer service is amazing! you get free smarties too lol ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
another option for you is the Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC Holster...it is real comfortable and the customer service is amazing! you get free smarties too lol ;)
The smarties were my favorite part about receiving that package!

I threw the holster on the bed and went to town on those smarties. They made me completely forget that I had a brand new amazing holster waiting for me to try it out

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Before you buy the CBST, check out the comp-tac MTAC too.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

I don't know anything about the CBST, never seen one in person or worn one, but they have a great reputation here and I'm sure you can't go wrong with one.

I ended up deciding on the MTAC because it seemed like a product that was just as well made, and build/delivery time is a lot shorter than crossbreed. I think crossbreed takes 3-4 weeks to get you the holster after ordering it. Comp-tac had mine built in 2 days, I had it in my hand less than a week after ordering.

Also, if you have multiple guns or think you might get more, the MTAC has interchangeable kydex bodies. You can order the kydex for your other guns for fairly cheap, and just switch the kydex on the leather. One holster can take as many guns as you have.

I love this holster. It conceals great, insanely comfortable. I'm always forgetting that I'm wearing it, and have to put my hand on the gun to make sure that I remembered to put it on. The clips are easily adjustable so you can adjust the cant to whatever you want.

It's a great quality holster

CBST or MTAC, don't think you can go wrong with either
I have the MTAC and decided on it for the same reasons stated above. I love mine, now that its about 3 months old its real nice.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just got a CBST for my 3.8 and love it! It is very comfortable, distributes the weight well, and is fast to draw from. The best I have found yet!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts