Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range today w/ my XDm and my M&P 9c. I put 300 down range. All in all it was a goo day. But my last 50 through the XDm were some of my best ever. Out of the 50, only 5 were outside the 10 ring, from 5 yds. I know, for most of you, that's not so great, but for an oldster like myself who has a little waver in his stance, that's a good grouping. I don't know what it is about the XDm. I actually prefer the feel of my M&Ps in my hand, but I just seem to shoot better w/ the XDm. Oh, well! I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. I guess the XDm has to move to the top of the ccw rotation. ;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
i'm interested in the difference in barrel lengths of your two guns. i have an xdm 4.25 in each of 9 and 40 and one 3.8 in 40.
i'm wondering if there is much difference between the barrel lengths.
thanks

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
You have discoved the same thing I discovered, after shooting the XD and XDM, I am most accurate and they 'feel' the best. The 3.8 Compact is a great carry gun, enjoy your new friend.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm interested in the difference in barrel lengths of your two guns. i have an xdm 4.25 in each of 9 and 40 and one 3.8 in 40.
i'm wondering if there is much difference between the barrel lengths.
thanks
My M&P compacts (9mm & 40) have 3.5" barrels vs the 3.8" barrel on my XDm. I seem to consistently shoot a little better with the XDm for some reason. May be it has something to do with the extra 0.3" of barrel. I really don't know. The ammo and the distances were the same. :confused:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I tell my wife all the time that the extra 3-tenths of an inch makes all the difference in the world :shock:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tell my wife all the time that the extra 3-tenths of an inch makes all the difference in the world :shock:
That's why women have historically been so bad with math. We've told them that every 0.3" was really an inch! :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts