Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I ordered a trigger kit and a solid guide rod for my XD Tac. Then I stumbled across the new XDm 5.25 Comp Series and just had to have one. So I called Kyle at Springer and he said the trigger kit I ordered will not fit but I can return it and he can install a custom kit to a 5.25 and send it to me. I thought about it long and hard for all of 30 seconds and said SOLD!:) So I ordered the new XDm 5.25 with a Solid Guide rod, 3lb trigger, and a frog hair reset from Springer Precision 5-10 days should be at my FFL. Xmas in July.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Very cool, Congrats. I am going to get one also I think...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oooh..I hate you.

Have I mentioned that I hate you?

:)

j/k. Congrats! Can't wait for a range report.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats and pics when she comes in...:)

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
And people said this pistol would never sell.

It won't -- to me. I don't shoot competitively and have enough large guns for now.... (that means no money to spare;)). But with our state finally joining the ranks of legal CC, I'm saving my pennies for a smaller gun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It won't -- to me. I don't shoot competitively and have enough large guns for now.... (that means no money to spare;)). But with our state finally joining the ranks of legal CC, I'm saving my pennies for a smaller gun.
It's selling! I’m buying mine just for competitive shooting. Talked to Springer last night his first shipment ran out he's receiving more today and Friday.

·
Registered
565 Posts
And people said this pistol would never sell.
One of my friends in my local shooting club called Springer Precision and ordered one with some upgrades (trigger and polishing) 1 minute after I told him about it and showed him the advertisement picture in the August edition of the American Rifleman magazine.

I'm hoping and waiting SA comes out with the 5.25 in 40S&W so I can make it my Limited class competition handgun.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
When it was first announced, a lot of folks on this forum were turning their noses up at it. I for one, was excited about it even though I probably won't be getting one. I thought it was cool.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
We order from the biggest distributor in the NW and they are not lasting long, so you can put the "it won't sell" crowd in the "the internet is a fad" crowd.

People who paid for their orders on Monday should have a surprise at their FFL on Friday :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
People who paid for their orders on Monday should have a surprise at their FFL on Friday :D
:DOrdered monday, worked on and shipped in 3 days the last gun shop I ordered from took 6 months. I have a new candy store Thanks Springer team!:cool:

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Scott, do you find the guide rod and spring much harder to reinstall in the 5.25? Both the stock one and the Stainless solid one was difficult?

Or it just me, I almost dread field stripping it again.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
You just have to line the spring up inside the slide and then the guide rod goes right in. It isn't bad once you figure that out.
Putting it in as one piece, like I have always done, or individually? Sorry for the stupid question.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Spring, then rod is how I do it.
... and for now on, me too.. :)

Free advise from a Pro, doesn't get much better than that, THANKS !!!

Here is a pic of mine, plinker range gun... (ps. I don't think they will sell many of these, he he)
Has got to be one of the best looking long guns on the market !!!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
It's selling! I’m buying mine just for competitive shooting. Talked to Springer last night his first shipment ran out he's receiving more today and Friday.

We all knew it would. There are a lot of shooters that can benefit from the extra edge it will provide. It's just my personal mission will be to get a carry gun that will be comfortable when hauled around by a fat old guy!

Question on the guide rod and spring. is it the same as the 4.5" 9mm / 40? Just curious.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Is there a special name for this style of stippling option where the high spots on the XDm grip are not filed down in any way?

Also, is there an option like this but with the spaces in between also stippled?

I really like the feel and grip the high spots offer me in the standard XDm grip but I am also interested in the stippling for a little extra bite in the hand for competition (USPSA) shooting.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts