Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also got to get my grubby paws on this! the NEW springfield xdm 9mm 5.25

I really liked the longer sight radius especially because my xdm has a 3.8" barrel. I shot extremely well with it. Actually probably as good as I have ever shot with any gun. The target sights with a hi-viz red front sight can get down right surgical. The recoil and muzzle flip seem less than my 3.8. It is very quick to get back on target.

The only thing I don't really like is they did NO work to the trigger. The lower frame and trigger feel exactly like my 3.8 which isn't a bad thing, but there is room for improvement, they could have lowered the pull weight and maybe shortened the reset a little bit.

It is a very cool gun, and considering I have a half dozen 9mm xdm magazines I could see myself getting one of these. I don't do any competitions though, but I shot extremely accurate with it even better than a 1911.

This is a box of 50 rounds (pmc bronze) that I shot at ~15 yards. The one flyer was in my first magazine, and I flinched.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I am guessing a range gun, or your own?

Great Shooting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
the more i shoot xdm9 4.5, and see of all xd/xdms the more impressed i am with them.
not a bad job by the shooter i must add.
d tell you to enjoy your new toy but im pretty sure you have that covered.:D

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
What maked the accuracy improvement, sight radius or the red dot front post?

·
Registered
71 Posts
What caliber is the XDM 4.25? Never mind. I just saw a two page ad in the American Rifleman that didn't give the caliber. Should have known by the "9" in the name.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a range gun at TOP GUN range in Houston, TX.

I think the longer sight radius gives you more detailed control over your aim, it doesn't jump around as much as my 3.8. The front sight seems narrower than the rear so you can see some daylight on either side when it is perfectly lined up. It was well adjusted and setup for POI/POA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After trying, Glock, Sig, CZ, and Beretta, I finally fired a XDM today.

It was awesome. The red dot really helps get a quick site picture, recovery is awesome, and the recoil is minimal. I shot really well with it, and the built-in stock safety was unnoticeable when opening the slide.

I'm not sure I understand how the slide safety works, though. Can someone explain?

Also, is it easy to assemble/disassemble and clean?

The Glock 17 is my second choice, but I'd rather go with the Springfield if I can clean it well.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I'm not sure I understand how the slide safety works, though. Can someone explain?

Also, is it easy to assemble/disassemble and clean?

The Glock 17 is my second choice, but I'd rather go with the Springfield if I can clean it well.

Thanks in advance.
There is no slide safety, there is a slide lock. The XD(M)s are very easy to field strip and clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts