Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get an XDM 5.25" with intentions on putting on a trijicon rmr with co-witness front and rear sights. I have full production machine shop at my disposal to mill out whatever I need. I noticed the standard xd comes with factory dovetail rear sights and the xdm does not...will this be an issue?

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Shouldn't. Rule 1 filor rmr is make pillars. If you can't do pillars quit now.

Rule 2 pocket must be sized for a particular rmr. If you can't fit it snug. Quit now

If you proceed have fun I suggest rm01/06/07/09 but people are preferring the 09 that are good and it blooms less if you don't have perfect eyes

If you quit now contact ateiguns.com

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Google trijicon rmr mount. Those cylinder things that go up 1/8" into the rmr to lock it down. Good luck without CNC. Kinda look like pegs

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I am looking to get an XDM 5.25" with intentions on putting on a trijicon rmr with co-witness front and rear sights. I have full production machine shop at my disposal to mill out whatever I need. I noticed the standard xd comes with factory dovetail rear sights and the xdm does not...will this be an issue?
With the 5.25 having the adjustable rear sight I don't think you will be able to maintain the rear sight while adding an rmr. You'll run out of slide space. I think you'll have to choose one or the other. I know there is a company that makes an adapter plate for red dot sights that replaces the factory rear sight.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
You have now posted this in 2 forums and still haven't put it in the correct one! It belongs in the gun smithing forum.

Don

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
You have now posted this in 2 forums and still haven't put it in the correct one! It belongs in the gun smithing forum.

Don
I'm still trying to figure out who knighted you sir of the forum/subforum directory. Don't you have anything better to do? And if you're wondering if I have anything better to do, I don't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From what I have been able to gather it is not possible to do co-witness on the XDm 5.25. There is also a problem with milling the slide as it leaves the striker chamber top wall to thin for most gunsmith's liking. Springer Precision makes adapter plates for many different Red Dot sights, they come highly recommended.
XD/XDM Sights
I am going to go with a C-More RTS2, but that is just my preference as I have used many C-More sights over the years and all have worked flawlessly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts