Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options for mounting a red dot optic on this gun? I prefer milling the slide to get it as low as possible. Would one optic be more suitable than others? Who to do the work? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

Mounting ANY optic to the slide would be both expensive, and prone to failure.
I'd recommend something that mounts to the frame of the weapon, and does not cycle with the slide.
There are several of these options available.
Some examples:
Welcome to PreciseShooter!
Good Luck !

Duane

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Forum.

Mounting ANY optic to the slide would be both expensive, and prone to failure.
I'd recommend something that mounts to the frame of the weapon, and does not cycle with the slide.
There are several of these options available.
Some examples:
Welcome to PreciseShooter!
Good Luck !

Duane
Thanks, but pretty sure that frame mounting is not allowed in USPSA Carry Optics division.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Thanks, but pretty sure that frame mounting is not allowed in USPSA Carry Optics division.
correct. Appendix D7, carry optics: 13. optical/electronic sights permitted - yes, must be attached directly to slide between rear of slide and ejection port.

I'm not sure can be done on XDm. This gets to one reason people were upset, thinking that new rules favor few gun makers.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Guess what? You did not mention anything about USPCA Carry Optics in your original post.
Please excuse me for trying to help YOU. It will not happen again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess what? You did not mention anything about USPCA Carry Optics in your original post.
Please excuse me for trying to help YOU. It will not happen again.
Wow! Didn't mean to put a burr in your britches. I said "thanks" after all, and for the record, I mentioned "carry optics" in the subject line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts