Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to replace the fiber optic filament on the front site? i want the green one in there rather than red, and i don't see any instructions

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Cut the tip of the old one off and push it out of the sight housing. Then take the whole replacement and shove it in the housing it is way too long but that is alright. Make sure about 1.5 mm sticks out of the front of the housing. The take a razor and cut the other end with about 1.5mm also extra sticking out of the housing. Take a lighter and melt the extra on one end till it makes a bead, then melt the other side till it makes a bead. There you go, melt don't burn. Copy the bead size that came from the factory. The fiber is held in like a rivet......just two deformed heads holding it in place.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wait, they come with green replacements? Mine only came with 1 extra red one and a red one installed on the gun? Dammit, i want a green one

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait, they come with green replacements? Mine only came with 1 extra red one and a red one installed on the gun? Dammit, i want a green one
yeah supposedly early ones didnt ship with them so just call em and they will sort it out

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks ajames51 that exactly what i wanted to know!

and conrad thanks for the great vid!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for posting this info. Took me about 2mins to put the Green FO in my 5.25 last night:) Then couldn't resist, stole the kids crayons and went to it; Most all Red and the 'shield/cannons' in Gold:D

Will post pics when I get my phone back (left it in the wife's car):-x

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Ha ... Had my LGS change out both front and back for TruGlo's for $45 out the door ... Rack that up as an expense well spent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts