Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new XDM 5.25 and went out to the range at 7am to get some rounds through it. Traded a 4.5 40 for it. out of the box shot about 50 rounds at 30 feet I only pulled the first round all others were within the 9 ring. was amazed how easy this was to control, no jump, right back on target for follow up shots, Bought it for the wife and kids, but daddy likes it too:D

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Great new, they are pretty sweet..... Lucky wife and kids, my kid claimed my 5.25 too, so I had to order another.

·
Premium Member
23,655 Posts
i think these new 5.25's are goin to be a hit, i want one too!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The 5.25 is an amazing well engineered handgun. As a novice this really made staying on target and grouping a lot easier than other handguns I was using during my training course.

I ended up purchasing the XDM 9mm 3.8" simply because I wanted a conceal carry sized handgun, but at some point I plan on getting the 5.25.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like my 5.25 9mm too. Had some issues witht he sites but got that corrected and held pretty well at 50'. Going to try 25 yards hopefully this weekend. Got 3k factory rounds on order and will post a report of what shot the best.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 5.25 demands that you really have to try all different loads to get the best out of it. So far I have found it loves the American Eagle 147Gr, puts them all in a nice raggy hole and virtually no muzzle movement. With my handloads I have got it to a stage where the 5.25 is like shooting a 22! Great for our local plate matches - no power rules for center-fire.
Not sure if it is the spring weight, barrel length or cut-out (or a mix of all) but it cycles light loads really well; same loads would not cycle my XD9 service at all.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I'd like to try shooting one, the jury is stil out for me, I'm glad to hear you all like it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts