Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen my other post regarding modified polymer guns, but today I went in and purchased the XDm 5.25 model in 9mm with the fiber optic front sight.

The trigger feels pretty decent out of the box, and I'm going to do some shooting before I decide to put in a Powder River Precision trigger job or any other modifications.

Right now, my main questions is if anyone has carried this particular model XDm (in any calibre, but the 5.25). I've had great success with Crossbreed SuperTuck holsters. I'm curious if the long slide length is a problem for this, or if some are running it OWB and just covered with a longer shirt.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

.t2h

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Jeeze!

I'd go CBST I guess. There are guys on the forum that carry the XD .45 Compact Tactical 5" barrel.

I don't think a 1/4" is gonna make much difference besides the grip length.

I don't normally say this. But that's a lot of gun to carry and it's not really designed for it. It's an out of the box competition gun.

Good luck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Congrats man! Fine pistol.
I dont have the 5.25 I have a xdm 9, 4.5" which I carry in a simple uncle mikes large iwb holster. That holds it in tight and conceals a large pistol better. I dont carry it much because of its size, but its not bad I just have more compact pistols. From what I understand the 5.25 is more of a competition type pistol and its size reflects that. However with the right holster and looser fit clothing i'm sure its possible. Assuming your more than 5 feet tall.;)

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I carried the 4.5 for a long time in a cheap Uncle Mikes size 5.

Now I carry my XD9 Service in a CBST.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeeze!

I'd go CBST I guess. There are guys on the forum that carry the XD .45 Compact Tactical 5" barrel.

I don't think a 1/4" is gonna make much difference besides the grip length.

I don't normally say this. But that's a lot of gun to carry and it's not really designed for it. It's an out of the box competition gun.

Good luck.

I thought the same thing, and was even a bit doubtful when I got it home, but I have a M&P SuperTuck that I was able to slide it into, and the printing was near the same as my compact M&P. The slide inside the waistband is not an issue at all, and the thinness actually helped. Not to mention the weight fully loaded is still less than my Nighthawk T3.

I may eventually get a compact with the shorter grip, and was pleased to see the CBST that I ordered will work with any XDm.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've been carrying my XD 45 Tactical in a Crossbreed Qwik Clip the last few days. Believe it or not with the right holster carrying a "huge" gun isn't that big a deal.

I've been carrying for a few years and when I first started I was worried all the time about printing. After awhile though you realize the majority of people don't pay any mind to their surroundings and certainly aren't looking for a gun so they won't see it. To the un-trained eye a printing pistol could be anything, least of all a gun to most.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I thought the same thing, and was even a bit doubtful when I got it home, but I have a M&P SuperTuck that I was able to slide it into, and the printing was near the same as my compact M&P. The slide inside the waistband is not an issue at all, and the thinness actually helped. Not to mention the weight fully loaded is still less than my Nighthawk T3.

I may eventually get a compact with the shorter grip, and was pleased to see the CBST that I ordered will work with any XDm.
To add onto this, my 5" XD45 GAP and my 4.5" XDM 9mm fit very well in my CBST. I have no problem concealing the long slidse or the long grips. And I was hiding them under a Hawiaan shirt or x-large t-shirt before the Fall weather settled in. The CBST does the job for me.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Try contacting concealment solutions , got his info from a podcast I listen to "gun dudes"
The have a website Just google gun dues radio. ....reason why I am suggesting linking through their site is you can get a 10 off discount

Jason at concealment solutions has a "black mamba "that I'm looking at for my XDm 5.25
He will custom create just about anything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts