·
Premium Member
128,397 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What mods do you have on it? Looks like you have a mag well on there.
Long list of mods...

Magwell, PRP trigger, all the misc PRP parts, ext mag release, etc, etc...:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which brand Magwell is that, looks great
Thanks! Its a Pistol Gear magwell...I'm very pleased with it. Easy to install and fits the IDPA Box.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Spence, i will look into that.. What holster are you running IDPA with?

Are you running the Pistol Gear UnLimitited, or the Operator Magwell?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Spence, i will look into that.. What holster are you running IDPA with?

Are you running the Pistol Gear UnLimitited, or the Operator Magwell?
I was using the stock XDm holster that comes in the kit but I recently switched to a bladetech revolution; just like the feel and position better.

I'm using the operator. The unlimited won't fit the IDPA box.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very cool, but I didn't think IDPA allowed all of those modifications, I thought that was more of a USPSA thing?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very cool, but I didn't think IDPA allowed all of those modifications, I thought that was more of a USPSA thing?
Very much allowed in IDPA. XD / XDm have to shoot in ESP anyway so may as well add all the goodies to make it competitive in that class. This wouldn't make a good USPSA gun with these mods because it would be Limited Minor. It would be great in Production but I'd have to switch frames back to a stock one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The 5.25 would indeed be a Excellent USPSA Production gun.... it is a Minor division.

Nice shooting... don't like the bullet flip/catch on the unload and it is a extremely poor gun handling procedure..... AD awaits ye in time. Slow down the clearance steps and let the round drop on the ground or maybe a SO catch it as it dribbles down your mag well.
I have been a IDPA guy since late 90's (a low 2000 member #), a USPA shooter since the mid 80's, a Level 1 RO and a MD..... sorry but I just had to say IMHO upon seeing your vid.

Nice gun/mods and good luck as you get fine tuned in to that XDm. I find the XD/XDm platform the most user friendly since the 1911.

HH

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 5.25 would indeed be a Excellent USPSA Production gun.... it is a Minor division.

Nice shooting... don't like the bullet flip/catch on the unload and it is a extremely poor gun handling procedure..... AD awaits ye in time. Slow down the clearance steps and let the round drop on the ground or maybe a SO catch it as it dribbles down your mag well.
I have been a IDPA guy since late 90's (a low 2000 member #), a USPA shooter since the mid 80's, a Level 1 RO and a MD..... sorry but I just had to say IMHO upon seeing your vid.

Nice gun/mods and good luck as you get fine tuned in to that XDm. I find the XD/XDm platform the most user friendly since the 1911.

HH

Thanks for the comments. Not sure I understand what you mean though and take some exception to the extremely poor gun handling comment. I'm also an IDPA SO, RO and NRA Instructor. Not sure how an AD can happen when fingers off trigger, muzzle pointed down range. I drop the mag, rack the slide back and lock it open, the round goes into the air upon extraction. Nothing unsafe I can see there but if I'm missing something please tell me. I really would want to know for my own learning. (not givin you attitude or anything; just trying to understand your point) ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What's you load recipe you've been using?
LOL..A lot of guys give me crap about my load for some reason. Im using Rainier 147gr at 1.135" with 3.6gr of autocomp

Yes that match was at BSC

The stock trigger is nothing special; same as all the other XDm's if you've tried any of those. Mine has PRP parts with my own method of fitting and action tuning.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it looks like the gun has zero recoil
Thanks! That's the idea. It took a lot of testing to get the recoil pulse just the way I wanted it. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
LOL..A lot of guys give me crap about my load for some reason. Im using Rainier 147gr at 1.135" with 3.6gr of autocomp
I guess the 5.25 likes the heavy 147's? I am just starting my search now for a 124 recipe for mine ( i finally got it back with PRP Ult Match trigger and its amazing the diffrence, so thanks for that), and before i got to deep into the search for my 124 (I use Berry RN for cheap plinkers and 124 MG FMJ/JHP for my match bullets), thought i would ask about 147s.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts