Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
ok first of all I'd like to say that I'm new to the forum and fairly new to the world of firearms so I am the farthest thing from an subject matter expert so if I'm putting out bad info please correct me. that said

I own an XDM45 and my brother owns the XDM9 and XDM40, I've shot all three, love all three, whup all my friends and familys records with all three, the only gun I've ever shot better was a friends Glock 35(40 cal long slide). that being said I am really looking forward to owning an XDM5.25. I just had some questions

so far the accounts I'm hearing are saying that it has a heavy trigger.

I bought a powder river match trigger for my xdm45 but none of the gunsmiths around will even attempt to put it in my gun so it's just been sitting in my closet for a year. so this is really a two part question.

1. do the added benefits outweigh the added price or would I be better off just being happy with my 45

2. does anyone have any info on installing the powder river trigger kits? is it easy or even possible to do it yourself?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
What do you plan on using it for? If you want a competition gun, then get the 5.25. If it is for a fun gun, 9mm is cheaper than .45. If it is for defense, both will get the job done. You can install the Powder River kit in either pistol. There are YouTube videos and PRP will answer any question you have. The 5.25 trigger is the same as any other XDM trigger. If you like your current factory trigger, you will like the 5.25 trigger.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for right now I'm just a casual shooter but I would like to start shooting competitively when I get out of the navy. I'm perfectly fine with the trigger on my 45, I prefer it to the M9s I'm used to shooting. I would be inclined to leave the 5.25(hypothetical at this juncture) but a lighter trigger never hurt anybody's accuracy any and I figure if I bought the gosh dern thing, I might as well try to put it to use.

the main reason I bought the trigger was that it was my first handgun and I've been in a really nasty habit of leaping before I look and basically handed my brother $650 and told him that the next time I came home on leave that I better have a XDM45 waiting for me in his gun cabinet. after doing said foolhardy act I actually started doing research on it and a lot of guys on forums were complaining about the "heavy" triggers on the xdms so I went around and bought the first match grade trigger I could find that specifically said it would fit the "new xdm45" which was the powder river. all of that without ever even holding one in the store no less range testing it. well none of the gunsmiths where I'm from will touch it because they're afraid of voiding the warranty and having to pay out of pocket repairs and so I ended up coming home and shooting it for the first time only to be perfectly satisfied with the factor trigger. so yeah foolishness and a waste of money later I'm just seeing if I can find anyone with a sledgehammer to help turn my lemons into lemonade.

Little side note: I'm not too worried about ammo prices at this particular juncture since I was recently fortunate enough to find a lady who was trying to get rid of her husbands zombie apocalypse stockpile of ammunition and was able to get my own zombie apocalypse stockpile of both 9mm(for a 9mm carbine of mine) and 45 for dirt cheap, hopefully by the time it runs out the Obamanation will be ousted and hypochondriacs will stop driving supply and demand through the roof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts