Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a xdm 5.25 in 9mm to replace my rubes p89 that I am not a fan of.

What is the difference between the xd handguns and the xdm's?

Are all of the xdm's that are the 5.25 the " competition series?

Thanks

·
Registered
895 Posts
the xdm is just an upgraded xd, holds more rounds, is more ergonomical, interchangable backstraps, don't have to pull trigger on breakdown, barrel is better and supposedly more accurate, better stock sights, better case, i think i got everything.

the only xdm 5.25inch is the 9mm competition, then its steps down to the 4.5inch xdm in all main calibers, then is steps down to 3.8inch xdm in 9mm and .40.
the xd comes in tons of sizes and options so refer to Springfields website for that.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Also looking for recommendations on an open carry holster for the xdm?
all xd's and xdm's include a plastic holster and mag holder and quick loader. its a fobus style, i think xd's are a belt loop and xdm's are a paddle style, i may be backwards on that can't remember offhand. some hate them some love them but one is included with purchase.****** unless you get the "essentials package" i'm pretty sure that doesn't include a holster or mag holder.*******

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
The holster that come with the gun is "ok". I've used it when walking in the woods, deep brush, jumping creeks and never any problems. There is a tension Allen head screw to adjust tension. I prefer the gun to sit tight in a holster as I'm more concerned about dropping the thing than drawing 0.1 second faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts