Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, couldn't find anything on this topic. I have an Xdm 40 that I've had for a while, and love it. At one point I had a 9mm conversion barrel that was threaded for a suppressor, great platform for that. I just picked up an XDm 5.25 in 9 today, and as I was comparing the receivers I noticed a difference in the ramp. The 9mm is on the left:

What are your guys thoughts? Is the 9 ramp enough for the 9 round? I would think the ramp that you see on the 40 would be better, but that just may be for the 40 and not the 9. Plus, I thought the lowers were supposed to be the same. Anyone else see this and mess around with swapping things up?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rou the frames are the same, the locking blocks are calibre specific. There is such a thing as too much feed ramp so bigger may not necessarily be better.
Thanks for the response guys. That actually helps me out a lot and clears something up for me. When I had the conversion barrel, I had feeding problems. The bullet would flip around. I was considering doing the same with this gun, a 40 cal 5.25 with the conversion barrel to 9, but not now! Saved me some money :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.