Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0255B0F8-94A2-4A89-AF36-1854D49567B3.jpeg
B31B9DCA-E185-4813-9478-340346D6E6DF.jpeg

*I would like to start out by saying this thread is an experience I’ve had at the range in regards to Wolff Spring company. In no way am I bashing Wolff, this is just for your Situational Awareness*
———————————————————

Hey Y’all,

I own a Springfield XDM .45ACP 4.5” and I absolutely LOVE it.

Recently, I decided to switch all my springs/rod to Wolff Company 22lbs recoil system. From time to time, I cycle my carry ammo just because it’s what ya do. Today was one of those days. I began to shoot the 14 rounds of Winn PDX out of my firearm.

Round 7 I experienced a FTE.

Round 8-14 of the PDX, smooth as always.

I decided to put the pistol up as I was really out on the ranch shooting skeet with some family. I just knew I needed to cycle that ammo and I had it on me.

I’m one of those gun guys, “it gets shot once it gets cleaned.” Maybe it’s from my Military days.

Well field stripping the gun, I noticed that my Recoil Rod Flange is chipped in bits and pieces. I’m not sure at what part of the evolution it happened, but the gun continued to function (given it wasn’t the last round but who knows)

I have reached out to Wolff, they were so gracious and apologetic, and immediately sent out new springs and rods. That’s what I call customer service.

I will take the new set out and send 100 rounds of WWB through it.

Again, Wolff did everything right to fix this issue. THIS IS FOR YOUR SITUATIONAL AWARNESS if you own Wolff Components on your firearm.

-Nate

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Wow! That's an interesting one indeed. Thanks for posting-up.

Looks like Wolff's C/S is on-point. Good to know. Thanks! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts