Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to switch to the xdm 45 at work. Currently carrying a G21. I have been tasked with a duty holster search. I've heard that holsters for the the xd 45 will fit the xdm, any truth to this????

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes and no. The fit may cause abnormal finish wear on the slide. Blade Tech makes a series of holsters that fit. Caution!!! They do not list xdm specific; you order XD and specify xdm in the comments. Even then they sent the wrong one twice. They fixed it but it took a while.

CX

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes and no. The fit may cause abnormal finish wear on the slide. Blade Tech makes a series of holsters that fit. Caution!!! They do not list xdm specific; you order XD and specify xdm in the comments. Even then they sent the wrong one twice. They fixed it but it took a while.

CX
Can you advise which line of Blade Tech holsters that is?

Thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
Let me clear up some possible confusion. I entered the above using my iPhone and probably should have included more information.

Blade Tech did not list an XDm45 specific holster, so I called them. The girl I spoke to assured me they did, and all I had to do was to simply order an XD holster and in the comments section of my online order indicate it was for an XDm45, which is what I did.

I ordered the IDPA set, which consists of a holster, belt attachment, paddle attachment, and a double mag holder. This is the holster that comes with the set.

They sent the wrong holster and the wrong mag pouch. The mag holder would not take an XD45 mag. I think it was probably for a Glock 9 or .40. The holster fit my XDm but fit my XD better. After a few presentations it was obvious the holster was rubbing on the XDm slide's slanted side and would eventually damage the finish.

So, I contacted BT by email and said the holster they sent was clearly for an XD, and I wanted to exchange it or get a refund if there was no XDm-specific holster. The girl who responded assured me there was an XDm-specific holster, she was sorry about the mix-up and included an RA to sent it back for exchange, which I did.

Second set arrived and the mag pouch was correct, but I got the same XD style holster not one for an XDm. Now, I am certain they do not make an XDm-specific holster so I email them again. Different customer service girl this time assures me again they do INDEED make an XDm-specific holster, sorry, and here is an RA, so send it back, which I did.

The third set also did not seem right by looking at it, but after careful examination I determined this one was indeed different and not rubbing on the slide like the other two had, so I kept it.

I assumed the OP was a LEO. Blade Tech does make a series of duty holsters with Level II and Level III retention, which may be what he is looking for.

Whatever, anyone does with Blade Tech, and they are good people who stand behind their products, be sure if you are ordering a holster for an XDm that you specify that boldly and clearly in your order. When you get it make sure they sent the right one, because the wrong one will fit and will work, but it will also cause abnormal wear on the slide.

Leather holsters are probably not as much of an issue, but the hard poly holsters can be rough on the finish of a gun.

CX

·
Registered
588 Posts
I turned my Blade Tech into IWB. It was quite easy. I cut a leather back roughly in the shape of the holster and screwed the holster to it. I then made belt loops and attached them with snaps to the leather back. It seems to be working well but still testing it. Pics if anyone is interested.

CX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts