Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a question for those of you with pistol cans. Im running a xdm .45 4.5" with a barsto extended/threaded barrel with a gemtech blackside 45 can. the gun gun runs flawless unsupressed but with the can its runs pretty poorly. sometimes it wont pick up a new round after cycling and I have to rerack, sometimes it locks back with rounds in the mag still, and occasionally it halfway picks up a new round and smashes the round back into the case causing me to clear it. all in all just doesn't run very good. rarely I can get through a full mag without issue. my understanding is that with a can my backpressure should increase so i would think that it wouldn't short stroke the cycle of the action. my gun has aprx 6K rounds through it and i just ordered new recoil and mag springs to see if there just worn out and not feeding/cycling properly. this happens with various ammo types as well. any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Boosters help some guns cycle better.

Not all.

Some guns do better with suppressors due to their fixed barrel design (which the XD does not have).

·
Banned
0 Posts
That's weird, mine works great all the time. Is the can set up for a pistol without a fixed barrel?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a SilencerCo Osprey .45 that I run on my XD service (9mm), an XDM 4.5" (.40), and a parkerized Loaded 1911 (.45). All of them have Storm Lake threaded barrels. I have the silencer piston for each caliber and switch it depending on what I'm shooting.

With my SiCo, I haven't had a single issue. All guns cycle properly, feed properly and so on. Have shot it wet too using wire pulling gel but it makes a mess.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Does it run no suppressor with threaded barrel?

Locking open is almost assuredly you bumping slide stop

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry guys ive been gone for a few days and couldn't respond to my original post. like I said originally, the can is a gemtech blackside 45 which uses there LID device (piston thing). after the number of rounds ive put though this particular gun I feel pretty confident that it isn't shooter error that's causing any of the issues so im leaning more towards something mechanical as the culprit. I just installed new mag springs and recoil spring so ill see how that affects my performance this weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Range report update. Ran my xdm today with new a recoil spring and new mag springs and I couldn't be happier. gun ran flawlessly with and without suppressor. Im super stoked about such a quick cheap solution. Lesson learned; change springs in handguns on semi regular basis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a XD-S 3.3 45acp with extended threaded barrel put a Ti-rant 45 on it same problem cannot cycle, can anyone help?

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
I have a XD-S 3.3 45acp with extended threaded barrel put a Ti-rant 45 on it same problem cannot cycle, can anyone help?
Did you read the final response by the OP how he alleviated the problem?

Start there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts