Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today was the second time I have shot my new xdm-45. (4.5 inch barrel)
I am loving the accuracy of this gun.
at 10 yards with a 8 inch target I shot 100 rnds changing target 3 times
out of the 100 rounds about 75 were either in the bullseye or first ring.
rest were in the second ring except 5 that were elsewhere on the target. (most likely shooter error)

·
Premium Member
24,687 Posts
thanks sounds great

·
Registered
5 Posts
My XDM 45 does not like handloads. Never had a misfire with my 1911's but get multiple misfires with the XDM. Light hits or no hits on the primer. All misfired rounds fire second time thru. I have a half dozen 1911's and fire about 200-300 handloads a month with 0 misfires. I am not a happy camper.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My XDM 45 does not like handloads. Never had a misfire with my 1911's but get multiple misfires with the XDM. Light hits or no hits on the primer. All misfired rounds fire second time thru. I have a half dozen 1911's and fire about 200-300 handloads a month with 0 misfires. I am not a happy camper.
Does it fire factory ammo? I had some issues with mine and found out that the dies was not adjust. I have a Wilson head space gauge that I check my reloads with. Another time is when I loaded cast bullets. Shot some cast bullet loads and they built up carbon and gun would not go into full battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am only firing jacketed bullets. I sent it back to springfield and they could find nothing wrong. The last time I went to the range I reloaded with new brass and measured everything. No joy. I have not tried factory loaded ammo yet. When the weather eases up I will try a box.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Try seating the primers a little deeper. Sounds like the 1st strike is seating them so they go off on the 2nd strike. I sometimes have this problem with Wolf primers but never have it with CCI or Winchester.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haden't messed with primer seating as I have never had a primer misfire from a handload before except this XDM. I use winchester primers. I have had a couple of primer failures from factory loads. disassembly showed no priming compound in the cup on those failures. I reload between 5000 and 10000 rounds per year. After adjusting my primer seating depth I am now getting some slight flattening of the primer so I guess I have hit the limit. When the snow melts and the weather warms I'll give these a try.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Lets get this thread back on track. I have the Xd45 service model with a 4" barrel and it is very accurate as well. I read alot about the 5" tactical 45 being the most accurate. If that was the case then I should be able to put every round into one hole at 10 yards because I can already do that with my service model. I would like to have an XDM45 just like yours some time in the future.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
I shoot handloads almost exclusively through my XDm .45 ACP. I have no problems except that I had to shorten 200 gr. SWCs to 1.245" for them to feed reliably and for the pistol to return to battery after each round fired. No issues with primers and I use CCI-300. Love my XDm. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.