Springfield XD Forum banner

XDM 45 new colors

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  AGENT4734 
#1 ·
Trying out some new Cerakote colors for a friend. Slide was done in Burnt Bronze, controls in Graphite Black, and frame in a custom mix I call Flat Darker Earth. I haven't delivered it to him yet, he just said to make it look good. He has a ton of rounds through this one and the factory finish was shot...

See less See more
#5 ·
I like the burnt bronze color a lot. I was considering getting my slide Cerakoted and was leaning towards a copper color, just for something a little different. Is the bronze about as close as it gets to copper? I was/am wanting it less "rosy" than a new penny, more like the color of copper water pipe... Nice work by the way.

#6 ·
I like the burnt bronze color a lot. I was considering getting my slide Cerakoted and was leaning towards a copper color, just for something a little different. Is the bronze about as close as it gets to copper? I was/am wanting it less "rosy" than a new penny, more like the color of copper water pipe... Nice work by the way.
All colors can be mixed so to get the copper color of a water pipe I would darken with a touch of black, and a few ml of one of the darker brown colors. Almost every refinishing job we've taken in has been custom mixed to the customers liking rather than using the colors straight from the manufacturer.

#7 ·
All colors can be mixed so to get the copper color of a water pipe I would darken with a touch of black, and a few ml of one of the darker brown colors. Almost every refinishing job we've taken in has been custom mixed to the customers liking rather than using the colors straight from the manufacturer.
Does it cost more to do that vs the straight color?

#8 ·
No, it's the same amount of work and the same amount of product so we don't charge more. For each job we print out a chart with the color mix ratios and the hardener ratios so the finish can be replicated in the future and give it to the customer. It's nice for people if they get another firearm or something else they want to get color matched.

#10 ·
looks great I like that also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.