Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a new XDM 45 ACP competition and I wanted to know if it would be necessary to change the trigger. I was told that these have a pretty good trigger from the factory. Would it be worth the extra dollars to go to a PRP trigger. Thanks

·
Registered
417 Posts
Play with what you got for a while. The trigger will get even smoother after some range time. Then see what you do and do not like about it. I ended up with the PRP drop in after 700 rounds. The trigger is really nice. Smooth with a really crisp break. I always shoot a lot of rounds thru any new gun before I start with any mods or upgrades.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
0 Posts
Who ever told you that the trigger is pretty good either doesn't know what they are talking about or lied to you.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
It may be a matter of each shooter. Mine is just fine stock from SA, I did change the front sight from that awful red to the cool green. Several shooting friends have PRP fitted triggers in their XD's, which I understand.
They are not as good as XDM triggers. Like posted try it for awhile and if you still think it needs upgraded, contact PRP. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Depends on if you are planning on competing with it. If yes then yes, if no well you get the idea.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For general range use, the stock trigger should be fine. For competition, you should look into upgrading.

I found the stock trigger to be mush (long travel, long reset, excessive overtravel). The PRP Ultimate kit fixed that up nicely. FYI, it's my USPSA Limited gun.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I replaced the stock trigger with the PRP drop in after around 500 rounds. So far, I'm very happy with the upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would highly recommend the Canyon Creek trigger job. Costs more and you have to send the gun to them but worth it. My buddies with the PR and others all like mine better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts