Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a new XDM 45 ACP competition and I wanted to know if it would be necessary to change the trigger. I was told that these have a pretty good trigger from the factory. Would it be worth the extra dollars to go to a PRP trigger. Thanks

·
Registered
417 Posts
Play with what you got for a while. The trigger will get even smoother after some range time. Then see what you do and do not like about it. I ended up with the PRP drop in after 700 rounds. The trigger is really nice. Smooth with a really crisp break. I always shoot a lot of rounds thru any new gun before I start with any mods or upgrades.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
0 Posts
Who ever told you that the trigger is pretty good either doesn't know what they are talking about or lied to you.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
It may be a matter of each shooter. Mine is just fine stock from SA, I did change the front sight from that awful red to the cool green. Several shooting friends have PRP fitted triggers in their XD's, which I understand.
They are not as good as XDM triggers. Like posted try it for awhile and if you still think it needs upgraded, contact PRP. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Depends on if you are planning on competing with it. If yes then yes, if no well you get the idea.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For general range use, the stock trigger should be fine. For competition, you should look into upgrading.

I found the stock trigger to be mush (long travel, long reset, excessive overtravel). The PRP Ultimate kit fixed that up nicely. FYI, it's my USPSA Limited gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.