Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to this site. Today I just bought my first springfield it's a xdm 45 5.25 competition model. I am having a problem with the magazine release. When the mag is seated no Matter how hard I press the release it won't move but if I push up on the bottom of the mag and then press the release it comes right out. Also when the mag is in it rattles around in the body are either of these normal. I also haven't put any rounds through it yet. Any suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Are you loading a full mag? Never had any issues with my 9, but when I first got my 40 it was really difficult to release a full mag. I just would fill a mag a couple short of being full and then just insert it, release it, and keeping doing this repeatedly. The mag release being difficult is pretty common on XDm's when new, but it does smooth out over time. Just takes a little time. Never had a problem with the mags rattling. Maybe someone else will chime in on that issue.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was using a full magazine. I will definitely leave the magazine a few bullets short and I am shooting it tomorrow so I will be able to work it in. Thank you for the advice

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
No problem. Have fun tomorrow. They're great guns. I've had my 9 for going 3 years and it has been flawless. Only had the 40 for a couple months, but it's been great (as expected). Take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts