Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm getting my CWP in a couple weeks and wanted to have a IWB holster by then. Does anyone have any recommendations on which on. I'm looking for comfort and draw speed. I want to spend between $50-$100 on it.
I'm a fairly skinny guy 155lbs and 6'1". Please let me know what you think feel free to post links to sites or other threads where this might have been discussed. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Hey Dillon, welcome to the best forum on the 'net ;)

And 'grats on a great gun.

Check out the IWB holsters by Theis Holsters. Tommy makes a great quality holster at a good price, and his customer service is excellent. I have spoken to him on the phone several times, and he is just a good guy.

I prefer his single clip tuckable holsters, but a lot of guys love the dual clip models...they're just not for me.

Holsters

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
There are a lot of options for IWB holsters out there. What size gun do you plan on CC'ing? I carry an XDM 4.5 9mm in a Crossbreed Supertuck but you will have to do your own research and figure out what will work best for you, your gun, and your style of dress.

·
Registered
124 Posts
There are a lot of options for IWB holsters out there. What size gun do you plan on CC'ing? I carry an XDM 4.5 9mm in a Crossbreed Supertuck but you will have to do your own research and figure out what will work best for you, your gun, and your style of dress.
He mentioned in the title that it is XDm 4.5 .45

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Duh......all I had to do was read......must be that old-timers kicking in! LOL!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an XDm 4.5" 45 ACP that I carry concealed with a good gunbelt and a Crossbreed Supertuck horsehide. It's extra money, but I carry whenever I'm out, sometimes 8-10 hours straight, right against the skin. It's amazingly comfortable, and I've never had a single issue with chafing, discomfort due to belt or holster (it's a big gun, sitting on it is never pleasant), and it has no stains and no smell. Horsehide IMO is a must, and completely worth the extra money.

I will say that the gun barrel is long enough that it will drop below any IWB holster, and rub on your pants. There are some simple modifications to avoid damaging clothes.

I've not tried too many other IWB holsters, just the ones from my local shop, but I'm 100% satisfied with Crossbreed.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
welcome to the group.

The holster options are many and varied, and have been discussed a whole bunch in the "Gear Talk" section.... take a look there and you'll find the answers you are looking for.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would recommend Alien Gear IWB Tuck 2.0
I have one for my 4.5 XDm and it works great! I'm 6 foot and 160 pounds.

As you can see in the picture the barrel is fully covered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts