Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was completely expecting to replace the trigger when we bought the pistol. After only 100 rounds and a few hundred dry firings it seems a lot better to me.
I was originally going to go with the springer precision, but it's gotten so much better that now I'm thinking the powder river kit will probably do the trick for 60 some odd bucks. This will leave me some extra cash for sights. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
948 Posts
what seem to change?reset or over all pull,or just feel of it? :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Hey,

I was completely expecting to replace the trigger when we bought the pistol. After only 100 rounds and a few hundred dry firings it seems a lot better to me.
I was originally going to go with the springer precision, but it's gotten so much better that now I'm thinking the powder river kit will probably do the trick for 60 some odd bucks. This will leave me some extra cash for sights. Any thoughts.
I really hope you get to feel a custom house done job, to see what the differences are....

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I had thoughts about getting a triger job on my XDm, especially after I got my Sig P239. The difference between the trigger in the XDm and the Single Action trigger in the Sig is night and day. However, they way I shot with the Double Action tirgger in the Sig, LOUSY, meant that I needed to a lot of practice with that double action trigger. So I have been doing a lot of shooting with the Sig in double action by de-cocking the pistol between shots. This has led to two seperate benefits, I have improved with the Sig, AND, the trigger in the XDm no longer bothers me the least little bit and I have also improved with that pistol.

Now I am thinking about getting a wheel gun. Shooting my Sig in rapid fire just isn't possible and I now realize that being able to shoot a double action revolver well in rapid fire has benefits across the entire spectrum of pistols. At least that the excuse that I will use if I decide to get the S&W 19-3 in my dealers showcase. I learned to shoot with a pistol with a S&W 19 and have a soft spot for that particular revolver. Only problem is the 38 SPL range ammo at Walmart is even more expensive than that for my 40.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey stain,

So far the difference for me is that the trigger has become markedly smoother. I'm guessing that the dry-firing has smoothed out the rough areas and there are so many "burrs" to make the trigger "sticky". There is definitely no breaking glass feeling but it would be adequate if I had to defend myself with it.

I'm a total newb when it comes to pistols; my only reference is the Jewel trigger on my long-range rig (I like-y :mrgreen:).

·
Registered
948 Posts
i was at the range to day rd.ct.is around 1200 or so with very little dry firing, swaped to the larger back strap and made my day,shot the best,smothe and tight fit just right. i know i should dry fire more just don't have a lot of time right now.but it felt like my gun today !!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I really liked the Powder River Kit I put on my XD, and seems to have a pretty big following on the board, but it's not a fool proof solution. I have a buddy who has bought several PRP kits and while some work, some take 'tweaking'. To be fair though, Powder River's Customer Service is excellent and Daniel is very good at walking through any trouble shooting.

Like I said, mine went in without a hitch and I have a STELLAR trigger on my XD40 now. I absolutely love its crisp light break with minimal travel. I'm sure the XDm kit can be tweaked to similar performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts