Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing an XDM, but was wondering if the .40 version could be converted to .357 with a simple barrel change. I know that the regular XD pistols could do this, but I don't know if the XDM can also. Thanks!

·
Registered
800 Posts
That is a good question. You could call somewhere that carries xd barrels. Although I haven't seen any .357 barrels for the xdm yet

·
Registered
11 Posts
I emailed Springer Precision recently with the same question. I asked if a PistolGear semi drop-in 357Sig 5" Tactical barrel cut to 4.5" would work in the XDm. Scott said it should work but he hadn't done one yet.

Hmmm. I didn't know about Storm Lake making a .357 barrel for the XDm. That would be the way to go.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know there is nothing out at this time, but in the future there should be a simple barrel change right? Along with a mag of course. If so then I would be really interesting in changing it out whenever there are more aftermarket things for the XDm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It says semi drop-in. If you find out what that means, please post it :)

VV
From what I understand there are 3 different types of custom barrels, drop-in which the tolerances are not quite as stiff and will most likely just be able to drop right in to your existing slide and frame with no smithing. Simi drop-in's may need minor smith work because the tolerances are a bit greater. I forget what the third one is called but you will not be able to fit it to your gun without the use of a gun smith.

Hope this helps, more importantly hope my interpretation is correct.;)

Otis

·
Registered
24 Posts
If I put the 357 barrel in my 40XDM, would I use the 40 magazines? I've never tried this before.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm thinking about purchasing an XDM, but was wondering if the .40 version could be converted to .357 with a simple barrel change. I know that the regular XD pistols could do this, but I don't know if the XDM can also. Thanks!
If you're talking .357 SIG, yes. Bar-Sto has them in Semi Drop in or Match Target for $205.

Lee

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I know there is nothing out at this time, but in the future there should be a simple barrel change right? Along with a mag of course. If so then I would be really interesting in changing it out whenever there are more aftermarket things for the XDm.

the conversion barrel you are talking about,the 40 to 9mm is available from here.

EFKFiredragon Products

I haven't seen a 40 to 357 sig barrel for the xd(m) as yet but there is one for the xd 40 service. I have one for the xd service and it works fine, no other alterations are needed, the barrel drops right in, no fitting needed. The 357 sig uses the same 40 mag since the sig is based on the 40 case necked down.

don

·
Registered
348 Posts
the conversion barrel you are talking about,the 40 to 9mm is available from here.

EFKFiredragon Products

I haven't seen a 40 to 357 sig barrel for the xd(m) as yet but there is one for the xd 40 service. I have one for the xd service and it works fine, no other alterations are needed, the barrel drops right in, no fitting needed. The 357 sig uses the same 40 mag since the sig is based on the 40 case necked down.

don
I have a feeling we will be seeing a .357 sig conversion barrel coming from EFKFIREDRAGON. I have been asking for one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts