Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Newbie here. Be gentle.

I am sure this is not the right forum but I'm lost where to start it.

I preside in the lovely land of California. I am looking for replacement LOCKING PLATES for my new XDm .40 magazines.

I have blocked the magazines to 10 rounds which I 'permanently' glued the limiter to a locking plate. I would like to find a few spares so that I could increase capacity when I go out of state.

I have searched all over and cannot find anyone with this part OR a replacement base plate that might function without it. Its item 46 on the schematic.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks for having me to the party.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Other than going through Springfield, I don't see where else you could get one. May be better to just buy a few new magazines with full capacity.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Other than going through Springfield, I don't see where else you could get one. May be better to just buy a few new magazines with full capacity.
I would never condone owning high capacity tactical assault 'clips' in a state that forbids it. But if someone did do it, I could totally understand why.

Actually when my dad visits from California, I actually have some of his 30rd mags so he can enjoy shooting. Last time he just used my spare lower so he didn't have to use the bullet button.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You could pick up some extended mag bases at Springer Precision. They are typically for extending the length of the mags when using a maxwell, but it sounds like it might solve your problem. Or post on classifieds to others who don't need their factory base plates because they are using extended plates.. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts