Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW :shock: all I can say is WOW and maybe holy SH**!!! Spent the afternoon in the desert with my XDM, PT101P and AR. I had to post this...3 weeks ago I could not shoot this XDM straight to save my butt, I swore it was the gun...long story short I was wrong, it was me (Duh). :rolleyes: Anyway, spent another 1500 rds trying to get the feel of the stock trigger and could not do it. Sent it to Springer Precision for a Combat Carry 3.5# trigger and Dawson Fiber Optic front and rear adjustable sights. Today was the first I have had it out since. God have mercy on anything that this gun is pointed at now cuz its on.

$XDM40 at 15yds.jpg

This was at 13-15 yds with no bench...

$XDM Ashlie.jpg

My 17 yr old daugher likes it too...

$XDM Emily.jpg

as well as my 6 yr old daughter..(no its not loaded, she did not shoot it, and no mag was in the gun and chamber was empty...I checked (twice)):D

I am in love all over again...Today was a good day my fellow shooter friends. I think I'm on the market for another XDM now....:shock:

·
Registered
559 Posts
taking the family shooting, nice!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice. What'd it run you for the sites and trigger job?
$429.72 including FedEx priority overnight shipping and a factory clean up. All work done by Springer Precision...they are awsome! Scott does fantastic work and would recomend him to anyone that needs ANYTHING done, from the time it left to the time it was back was 8 days...including a weekend!

Combat Carry 3.5# Trigger Job $150.00
Factory Clean up $50.00
Sight Installation $30.00
Dawson Fiber Optic adjustable sight set $130.00
FedEx Shipping $69.72

and worth every penny!! :D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
How's the take up and reset on that trigger now? I'm going back and forth between SACS and Springer.

Also, not to hijack or anything, but do you know if FedEx is required? I have a guy that can ship it for $15 for me, so that would save me some money. Money that can be put towards something else. ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Fwiw, A reputable outdoor store here (iowa) has previously advised that it has to be overnight but did not specify a carrier

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How's the take up and reset on that trigger now? I'm going back and forth between SACS and Springer.

Also, not to hijack or anything, but do you know if FedEx is required? I have a guy that can ship it for $15 for me, so that would save me some money. Money that can be put towards something else. ;)

Take up and reset on this trigger is so short it is almost rediculous...lmao...but I love it. Probably one of the tightest triggers I have ever shot, VERY crisp clean break and click ready for the next.

FedEx or UPS, ATF regs state that it must be a common or contract carrier and in the case of shipping the whole pistol it must be overnight shipping (not sure if this is ATF or FedEx rules)...they don't want it lingering out there someplace for too long. But it handguns can NOT be shipped through the Post Office (USPS). Here is a short exerpt from the ATF website:

"Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]"

Click here to go to ATF page.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Take up and reset on this trigger is so short it is almost rediculous...lmao...but I love it. Probably one of the tightest triggers I have ever shot, VERY crisp clean break and click ready for the next.

FedEx or UPS, ATF regs state that it must be a common or contract carrier and in the case of shipping the whole pistol it must be overnight shipping (not sure if this is ATF or FedEx rules)...they don't want it lingering out there someplace for too long. But it handguns can NOT be shipped through the Post Office (USPS). Here is a short exerpt from the ATF website:

"Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]"

Click here to go to ATF page.
I think I might have to go with Springer.

That answers my question I think. My FFL can ship it off for $15. As long as it isn't required by Springer I'm good. They can ship directly back to me right? Or is an FFL required?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I might have to go with Springer.

That answers my question I think. My FFL can ship it off for $15. As long as it isn't required by Springer I'm good. They can ship directly back to me right? Or is an FFL required?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
They will ship right back to your door via FedEx. If you use their shipping label that you print off when you do the work order you will save 35% on shipping too...

I would recomend Springer, Scott does great work. They are pretty fast as well, like I said 8 days including a weekend and I had my gun back...

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
A GOOD trigger job does wonders on these guns. Congrats on sorting it out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A GOOD trigger job does wonders on these guns. Congrats on sorting it out.

Thanks man...yeah, made a WORLD of difference for sure! I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn before I got the trigger done. Just WAY too long for me. I tried and tried to get used to it, spent about 2 1/2 days out shooting just paying attention to my trigger control and never did get it to where I was shooting like the gun is capable of doing. Once I got the trigger job done...hits like it should! :D

·
Registered
827 Posts
Good review XDm Shooter.

Glad to see the Family out enjoying a great sport together like shooting. Awesome and memorable times.

I also Highly recommend Springer Precision. Scott does Outstanding work.

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It can't be easy to just send off your firearm to someone to work on when you haven't even had the chance to try out a similar firearm with the work already done on it. Plus, what it costs!!! That is a risk.

I still can't get myself to do it... LOL!!! Maybe soon as I have a new SA 1911 A1 Loaded Target and a new SA EMP 9mm that can keep me busy while its out being overhauled... I purchased my XDm 40s&w used with the SP parts purchased and installed by the previous owner. I use it in USPSA Limited competition. I just know that if I send it off to SP that they will improve on it and make me a better shooter in the competitions...

I'm glad everything worked out for you!!!

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It can't be easy to just send off your firearm to someone to work on when you haven't even had the chance to try out a similar firearm with the work already done on it. Plus, what it costs!!! That is a risk.
:cool:
LOL...yeah, it was kind of hard to do. But the guys on here are great and I heard nothing but good about Scotts work so I took the plunge. I was scared to death that my XDM would be lost, stolen, gone forever or something would just go horribly wrong! :rolleyes: LMAO...all went great and was pretty fast as well so I can't complain. Next time I will not hesitate to send something to Springer for work! Already wondering if he can do a trigger on my PT101P...lol

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Thanks man...yeah, made a WORLD of difference for sure! I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn before I got the trigger done. Just WAY too long for me. I tried and tried to get used to it, spent about 2 1/2 days out shooting just paying attention to my trigger control and never did get it to where I was shooting like the gun is capable of doing. Once I got the trigger job done...hits like it should! :D
I got into the XD's back before the commercial trigger mods were available and everyone was searching for a solution. I'm now down to just one XD now and its a .40 Tactical. me and the boy went to the range last weekend to do some shooting with a few guns. Not having shot my XD in over a year, I was pleasantly reminded just how well it shoots. Someone had had a paintball gun on the range and we found lots of unbroken paint balls. I picked a couple up and put them in the shot out portions of our target and then proceeded to hit 2 out of 2 at 21 feet. Son was more than impressed with old dad...lol

My XD was has one of the first PRP parts in it with other parts modified by myself.

·
Registered
827 Posts
we found lots of unbroken paint balls. I picked a couple up and put them in the shot out portions of our target and then proceeded to hit 2 out of 2 at 21 feet. Son was more than impressed with old dad...lol
Sounds like Fun.

My boy and I do the same thing, but with the spent brass casings, put them into the holes on the target. For him, it is his glock against my xdm, of course Ol' dad hits more than he does... no matter if I shoot mine or his... it's All in fun though...

Springer does Outstanding work. Scott has done several trigger jobs and sights on my XD's & XDm, and I am Very impressed with the outcome each and Every time.

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got into the XD's back before the commercial trigger mods were available and everyone was searching for a solution. I'm now down to just one XD now and its a .40 Tactical. me and the boy went to the range last weekend to do some shooting with a few guns. Not having shot my XD in over a year, I was pleasantly reminded just how well it shoots. Someone had had a paintball gun on the range and we found lots of unbroken paint balls. I picked a couple up and put them in the shot out portions of our target and then proceeded to hit 2 out of 2 at 21 feet. Son was more than impressed with old dad...lol

My XD was has one of the first PRP parts in it with other parts modified by myself.
Funny, we do the same thing with the shotgun shells that are left out where we shoot. All those shiny little targets sitting on the ground are fun to attack!! lol :D

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Funny, we do the same thing with the shotgun shells that are left out where we shoot. All those shiny little targets sitting on the ground are fun to attack!! lol :D
Try it with paintballs, they leave nice marks on your target (around the hole).

Sounds like Fun.

My boy and I do the same thing, but with the spent brass
casings, put them into the holes on the target. For him, it is his glock against
my xdm, of course Ol' dad hits more than he does... no matter if I shoot mine or
his... it's All in fun though...

Springer does Outstanding work. Scott
has done several trigger jobs and sights on my XD's & XDm, and I am Very
impressed with the outcome each and Every time.

Stay Safe.
I got a Glock 22 and gave it to my son too!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Try it with paintballs, they leave nice marks on your target (around the hole).

I got a Glock 22 and gave it to my son too!

lol...how do you do the multiple quotes in your post?? Have not figured that out yet!! :rolleyes: I hate bein' an FNG...lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts