Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mind is all but made up to getting the xdm but I was wondering if we could discuss the pros and cons of each gun.

·
Registered
240 Posts
well i have not shot a XDm 40 but i have shot the M&P 40 and have to say it was almost the one i bought, but i loved the XD40 more.

I think that they both have a lot to offer. Obviously the XDm has the match barrel andtrigger and HUGE capacity but the M&P has a really nice grip, IMO.

I felt that i was fairly accurate with the M&P but i was just that much better with the XD.

It has to come down to what feels better in your hand. It has to be THE gun for you ya know?

Hope this helps a little man

Cadet Wilson

·
Registered
15 Posts
I looked really hard at the M&P (9mm) after reading such great things about it, especially its grip. But when I compared it with the XDM (9mm) in my local shop I actually liked the feel of the XDM even more, so I went with it. Still, it was a close call, and I wasn't absolutely sure I'd made the right choice ... until my first trip to the range. I've shown a target from that trip before, here, and that first trip removed all my doubts and second-guessing. I'm not sure what it is about the XDM, but I was far more accurate with it than I've been with any other handgun. Perhaps I'd have been as satisfied with the M&P -- I actually prefer its smaller size -- but I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Obviously this being an XD forum, the slant is gonna go towards the XD. I've got an XD40 and a couple M&P's in 9mm, my next pistol will probably be an M&P 40. I've said in several threads why I like the M&P. So I won't really go into alot of detail, except to say that my go-to gun is my M&P.

Basically, all I'll say is don't count out the M&P until you get a chance to handle one, and if possible fire one. Both the XDM and M&P are great pistols and you can't go wrong with either one, but personally I would go with the M&P.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
When I was selecting my first pistol purchase I tried every polymer on the rental rack. The final two were the XD-40 and the M&P-40. In a side by side shoot off, the XD-40 was the pistol I shot best with. Bought the XDm-40 because I thought it looked better. Now that I've spent some time with it I can shoot a 1.5 inch cluster at 25 feet on a good day and don't regret my decision one little bit.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I own a XD .40, and my Father owns an M&P .40. For safety I have to go with the XD. The M&P is an overall slimmer pistol. The M&P also has higher capacity magazines. Both are great shooting guns, and both feel really good in my hands. I would not trade my XD for one, but I would deffently purchase one.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I own a XD .40, and my Father owns an M&P .40. For safety I have to go with the XD. The M&P is an overall slimmer pistol. The M&P also has higher capacity magazines. Both are great shooting guns, and both feel really good in my hands. I would not trade my XD for one, but I would deffently purchase one.
The OP was asking about the XDm, which actually has a higher capacity (16) than the M&P (15).

I've handled both and prefer and own the M&P, but nothing at all wrong with either gun. Get whichever one fits you better.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I decided tonight.. I picked up my new XDm .40 All Black .. Shot just 50 rounds thru it .. All and all I really think I made the right choice..

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Make sure to get the SA magazine rebate. I'm pretty sure SA still has the deal that you get two free mags for purchasing an XD.

Congrats on the purchase!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts