Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my XDm40 today and was wondering how hard is it to release your mag? Mine seems to be hard to release. Easy when the mag is empty but hard when full. Is this a funtion problem or is it normal?

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its normal the slot in the mag. the lip will get broke in...when my mags are full I push up on the mag while pushing the release to eject the mag.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guy's. It was weird I loaded the mag and I couldnt release the mag unless I unloaded the bullet's manually. It made me think I had to chamber one in order to release the mag, that's how hard I had to push it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had this problem and called SA customer service. They sent me free shipping label by email, the pistol was gone for two days and when it came back the full mags released like butter. The service ticket said "Tuned mag release. No charge." SA is aware of the problem and evidently it is not a big deal to fix.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I suggest that you phone SA at 1-800-680-6866, ask for Customer Service and go from there. They are really customer oriented, polite and efficient. I only had to call FedX to arrange pickup after receiving label from SA. No dealer involvement.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wonder what is involved with tuning the mag release. I only carry 15 in the mag because 16 is too hard to release.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just bought a XDm 9mm this week and found this thread because I am having the same problem. Guess I'll call SA and go from there. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I also just bought a XDm 9mm today and have the same problem. Not a big deal just never had this happen on any other handgun. :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
My new XD(M) mags release as easy as melted butter, so it's NOT a design flaw. Someone mentioned they had problems loading all 16 rounds. The solution is an UPLULA mag loader. I can load 16 rounds in a new, tight springed mag in about 30 seconds. Academy has them, so does Midway, mid $20 range and will load any cal in any mag with a few exceptions. Worth every penny!

·
Registered
14 Posts
mine was tough out of the box. After I let the mags sit a few days with 16 rounds in them they became pretty easy to release. Not "like butter" as some say but a firm press drops them now instead of a full force thumb breaking press.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I watched videos on YouTube of the XDgear mag loader and the UPLULA mag loader. The squeeze system the UPLULA employs does seem a little smoother that the XDgear double push system. I'm a new XDm owner and would like to know your thoughts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I watched videos on YouTube of the XDgear mag loader and the UPLULA mag loader. The squeeze system the UPLULA employs does seem a little smoother that the XDgear double push system. I'm a new XDm owner and would like to know your thoughts.
Just got a 40 M and a uplula loader. Definitely like the uplula better than the one that came with the XDM.

Smooth operation, no fumbling, and can easily depress the spring completely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The uplula is a great loader for all magazine's ,and is far better than the one that came with my XDm 40-in all aspects but one !

Ive noticed that the loader that comes with the XDm,s -if mounted to the light rail makes an interesting gun stand.:mrgreen: Stand it up on end !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts