Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my new XDm about 3 weeks now. I really like it but am still having an issue with the mag release button. At first my short mag had a spring too close to the opening. I fixed that no problem. Then I sanded the thumb side to conform better to my grip position for my personal comfort and to get to the mag button a bit easier. It still is too hard ejecting the mags, especially the loaded ones. I greased it good but not much help. My M&P's are not nearly as difficult to eject. Is this a problem for any of you all? It's not a deal breaker but I clearly do not like it that way.:confused:

L

·
0 Posts
If it's a fully loaded mag, that's common. Mine had the same issue. It's just a tight fit. Chamber a round and the mag should release easily. Or don't "top off."

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
How many rounds through it?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I own three XDs and am here to say that is true for all of them. The top round of the full mag exerts presure on the lower-interior surface of the slide when it is in battery. That makes it difficult to depress the magazine release. I found that chambering a round from the full mag, and not topping it off, makes it much more easy to eject the mag.

If you do not load from the mag, it's a simple matter of lacking the slide to the rear and the mag release button is easier to depress. The only change to your current method of safing the weeaon is to eject the chambered round while locking the slide back. Then eject the mag.

It should loosen up over time too.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Load up all of the mags with spent casings. Watch TV every night for a week and mindlessly insert and remove the full mags with the slide closed the whole time. After about 1000 times the mag hold tab and the corresponding slot in the mags will be polished.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts