Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just shot my new XDM-40. Is it just me or is the grip checkering rather sharp....and painful? Anyway to smooth this out? Houge grip or something? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Hi Mrheythere...
I can think of several solutions for you, though I do not have that problem myself with this pistol. The easiest one would be to use a good fingerless shooting glove which would allow a little padding but still afford a good purchase on the firearm. 320 grit wet or dry sandpaper followed by a finer grit like 400 also comes to mind to smooth out the sharper edges on the grip surfaces as well, but of course that is a permanent alteration to the pistol and may affect any resale value. Some of the forum sponsors, namely Springer for one, may be able to suggest other alterations as necessary for you if you are so inclined.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Amazing!!! Shooters spend tons of money to have a more aggressive grip so they can control their guns better. Springfield listens and produces a new gun that comes with a more aggressive grip and it hurts your hands!!!! :D You work in the garden without gloves for a while or you might try this stuff in rubber. PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL SPRINGFIELD XD it should fit with a little trimming. If you sand on it you will depreciate the value immediately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts