Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well took my XDM 40 to the range today for the first time. Gun shot great!! No complaints here, can't wait to go shooting again! I ran through a 250 count brick of Remington UMC ammo. I had one FTF after about ~150 rounds, but all it took was a bump of the slide to continue to feed the round. Started to pay attention to the ammo I was loading after the FTF, and I found two rounds in the last 100 count with the bullet set way to deep in the casing. This might of been the reason for my FTF.

I did notice that I was shooting a bit low at 10 to 15 yards. However, I'm uses to shooting a glock 22, and I might of been canting the gun down a bit before the trigger broke. I'm use to canting the glock for sight alignment. I also used the big grip #3 and will switch to the #2 next time and see what happens.

PS..I don't own the Glock 22. It's my issued department duty carry gun, I don't have a choice in the matter. I would perfer to carry my XD!!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
...I ran through a 250 count brick of Remington UMC ammo. I had one FTF after about ~150 rounds...
...Started to pay attention to the ammo I was loading after the FTF, and I found two rounds in the last 100 count with the bullet set way to deep in the casing...
:shock:

I really don't like the Remington UMC. I've noticed this same issue (set too deep) on a box of 9mm I bought. I would stick with WWB if I were you. Plus, UMC is more expensive for some stupid reason.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
UMC is manufactured reloads. I would never buy that ammo.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My week-old XDM 40 went to the range for the first time yesterday. 100 rounds of WWB and 50 rounds of Winchester Rangers later and I'm convinced I made the right decision trading up from my XD 40 service.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
OK - What is WWB ammo, and where is the best place to buy it?
Hi BigMike and congratulations on your XDM-40 -- it's a great gun, which is why I own one, too. I always buy the WWB at Wal-Mart, but for your info, this link I'm providing you is a great web site for comparing ammo costs:

gun-deals.com - Unbiased Gun Deals

It's up to date and allows you to compare ammo by mfg, by round cost, by store, etc.
No gun owner should be without it! P.S. If your XDM is new, don't forget to send in the rebate for the two free mags and holder. What a deal!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like the CCI Blazer Brass in the black and gold box from WallyWorld. It's been flawless in my XD 40 4 inch. I've found the WWB to leave more residue behind. The only thing I don't like about the blazer is that it has increased in price by three dollars a box in little over a year. When I first started shooting the blazer, it was about 10.50 for 50 rounds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.