Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at getting this gun. Who here has personal experience with it? Happy with the gun? Anything issues I should be aware of? Plan on using it as a range toy, and hopefully a carry weapon if we ever get CCW here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bought one a couple of months ago. It is my second Springfield, also have the 4.5 .45 XDm. Love both of them. I have small hands, so the short grip on the compact .40 didn't really bother me, but I bought the Pearce mag extension anyway. I think it does improve the gun. I think for the cost of the gun, Springfield should include this option. It's not a small gun, but the short grip does make it more concealable. I use the #1 size backstrap and ordered another 16 rd mag with the #1 sleave on it. Had to fill the empty hole in the 2 mag carrier! For carry I use the Blackhawk universal IWB #5 holster. I prefer the Blackhawk over the Uncle Mike's because the Blackhawk carries the gun lower. The Uncle Mike's is easier to draw however, because the grip sticks up higher from the top of your pants.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought one a couple of months ago. It is my second Springfield, also have the 4.5 .45 XDm. Love both of them. I have small hands, so the short grip on the compact .40 didn't really bother me, but I bought the Pearce mag extension anyway. I think it does improve the gun. I think for the cost of the gun, Springfield should include this option. It's not a small gun, but the short grip does make it more concealable. I use the #1 size backstrap and ordered another 16 rd mag with the #1 sleave on it. Had to fill the empty hole in the 2 mag carrier! For carry I use the Blackhawk universal IWB #5 holster. I prefer the Blackhawk over the Uncle Mike's because the Blackhawk carries the gun lower. The Uncle Mike's is easier to draw however, because the grip sticks up higher from the top of your pants.
My buddy owns a XDm 4.5 in 9mm. Shoots pretty well. I'm just starting to get into guns. Haven't really been around them long. Still learning alot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've had mine about 6 weeks now and love it. IMO a great dual purpose pistol. Easy to field strip and clean. More accurate than I am. Natural point and aim with a quick return to POA.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I actually have the XDm .40 3.8 and am looking at selling or trading it to get the XDm .40 compact. I just bought my 3.8 2 months ago and I love it, but want the compact for everyday carry.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had been toying with the idea of making the change from my 3.8 to the compact for a little bit now. My local gun shop just got one in last week, so I finally got to hold one. I decided that I was going to go ahead and make the switch, so will be selling my 3.8, or trying to trade it for the compact. I don't think you could go wrong with any XDm or XD

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got my XDm .40 Compact Friday. Shot it for the first time yesterday. I have never shot a gun and I was shooting better than I thought I would. Very nice gun. I added Pearce grip extensions to it since I have a larger hand. A blast to shoot.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have both the .40 S&W in 4.5 and the compact version and both are fantastic pistols. I agree that the Pearce grip extensions make this pistol just feel so much better in the hand that Springfield should make them standard on the short mags.

Do yourself a favor... go rent one of the XDm's and shoot it.. if you can get the .40 S&W great.. if not the 9mm will let you get a feel for the gun. Then dont blame us if you end up leaving with one.... ;)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Got the xdmc .40 with grip ext. and LOVE it. Great gun. Highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I qualified a little while ago, and made my XDm 3.8 40 compact my duty pistol. Great gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's up guys... I debated between a few different Glocks, and XD models for a few months, and finally decided and put down $200 on an XD 40 SC today. I'll have it in a week or two. Can't wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the 9mm and the .40 cpt with grip ext. on both. I personally never use the extended 19 rd. mag. and I do not have CCW here in ILL. the reason to get the compact is because they are GREAT GUNS. for home protection I think a 9 will suit u well. Also depends on your shooting experience and comfort level with a firearm. a .40 may be overwhelming. I know my wife does not enjoy shooting ours but she loves the 9mm.. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
What's up guys... I debated between a few different Glocks, and XD models for a few months, and finally decided and put down $200 on an XD 40 SC today. I'll have it in a week or two. Can't wait.
Not the XDm? Too bad but you still got a heck of a gun. I have the XDm40 3.8 c, a 45c, and a 9sc. Wouldn't get rid of any of them.

·
Registered
763 Posts
why get compact if you can't ccw?
Everybody has diffrent size hands and regardless of concealed carry or not, it is a great option to have compact because you can make it full size or compact any freaking time you choose. Life is about choices.......always good to have options in everything you do.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've been looking at getting this gun. Who here has personal experience with it? Happy with the gun? Anything issues I should be aware of? Plan on using it as a range toy, and hopefully a carry weapon if we ever get CCW here.
I have a full size .45 xdm, and an .9 xdmc.
love them both, great shooters, and the compact is my carry gun.
no issues, except i keep running out of ammo.
You'll not regret the purchase of a compact.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not the XDm? Too bad but you still got a heck of a gun. I have the XDm40 3.8 c, a 45c, and a 9sc. Wouldn't get rid of any of them.
Nice collection. I looked at the XDms, but decided against one just for money reasons, since they are about $150 more. Maybe on my next handgun purchase! I actually went up there today to put more money on it and decided to switch to the XD9 SC. Cheaper ammo is the main thing that lead me to make the switch. I have alot of experience with different kinds of rifles, but this will be the only pistol I've owned other than a Hi-Point .380 pea shooter, (actually a decent pistol for what it is) so I'm definitely excited.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the 40 XDM compact and love it. I've not had any problems with it at all and really enjoy the way it shoots. I'm waiting for my CHL so not carrying yet. I just installed pearce grip and CT laserguard this week.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Originally Posted by KenW.

Nice collection
Next (if it comes out) XDm45c. Nice if it comes in 36.8, but 4 is fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts