Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through many posts on here and have gathered a lot of information. I believe i'll just throw this on the table and see who jumps in.

I purchased my XDM 40 4.5 quit a few months ago and have had my CC permit in my wallet for a few months. I've carried on occasion with the current Springfield holster and wuth others ive borrowed (Galco, Blackhawk, Fobus to name a few). I've decided im not a big fan if IWB holsters, mainly because of my build i guess (6'-250#). I am down to either the CB SnapSlide or the Safariland 6378. Both names come highly recomended from friends and i own a Safariland 6005 rig already and love it. I am wondering if any could give me some first hand intel on either of these with the gun i own? I am also interested in mag holsters for this same setup. I tend to wear button up western and carhart shirts untucked most days so clothing isnt a big problem that i cant deal with. Many thanks ahead of time and i must say....love this sight. Thanks!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well, I don't have first hand experience with these two holsters, but I would venture a guess that the CrossBreed would necessitate a sturdier belt than the 6378. From my experience with paddle holsters, they seem to hold the pistol closer to my body than belt-slide styles. However, I am a great fan of CrossBreed (and have a Supertuck, just to disclose my allegiance!), and with a strong belt you shouldn't have any "grip tipping".

·
Registered
173 Posts
Out of the holsters you mentioned, I don't have experience with any of them except for the Safariland 6378. IMO, it is a great holster.

I also bought a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters. Both are very comfortable and I plan on alternating with them both depending on what I have going on that day. Open or concealed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts