Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
This is the one I have. It’s solid stainless and adds a little weight to the muzzle. I tried a Wolff but it was so hard it broke the flange off after just a few rounds. The one from stainless guide rods has held up for several thousand rds now. All 4.5 and 5.25 xdm’s use the same rod regardless of caliber. I settled on a Wolff 22lb recoil spring in my 5.25 to tame the distance my empty brass was flying. It’s still been 100% reliable regardless of power level. Full house loads still eject empties 12-15 feet versus 30-40 feet with factory spring. Light target loads eject empties at my feet.

·
Registered
816 Posts
This is the one I have. It’s solid stainless and adds a little weight to the muzzle. I tried a Wolff but it was so hard it broke the flange off after just a few rounds. The one from stainless guide rods has held up for several thousand rds now. All 4.5 and 5.25 xdm’s use the same rod regardless of caliber. I settled on a Wolff 22lb recoil spring in my 5.25 to tame the distance my empty brass was flying. It’s still been 100% reliable regardless of power level. Full house loads still eject empties 12-15 feet versus 30-40 feet with factory spring. Light target loads eject empties at my feet.

I put the #20 in mine with pretty much the same results. What I want to know is where in the [email protected] did Markb6494’s original spring and rod go????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts