Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think they are outstanding guns. I have the 3.8 Compact and it’s my favorite carry gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Have the XDMc 9mm and also very, very happy with it. Love the flush mag to carry, but then the 19 round spare is an awesome backup!

Neither of my XDM's have failed at the range or any high energy training classes. Enjoy yours! I will say, with the long grip / full mag, it can be heavy for an edc... but plenty of rounds as needed.

Reactions: M1903A3 and chup

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have the XDMc 9mm and also very, very happy with it. Love the flush mag to carry, but then the 19 round spare is an awesome backup!

Neither of my XDM's have failed at the range or any high energy training classes. Enjoy yours! I will say, with the long grip / full mag, it can be heavy for an edc... but plenty of rounds as needed.
it does get a little heavy but, if I keep it in the waist around the 2:OK position, it seems pretty good. I have a Big Foot Steel Core CCW Belt. It holds things secure. I rotate my carry guns so, when the back hurts I change it a bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a chance to shoot my XDm 3.8 9mm today. The full grip with 19 round mag. makes this a very comfortable shooter. I’ve been carrying it a few weeks and am used to it now. Didn’t do anything special but slow fire at 30 feet and one time at 25 feet. After this winter when I get back home I’ll have an abundance of ammo and can practice shooting at multiple targets. I would like to get on target and shoot a little faster.
Tableware Dishware Handwriting Serveware Creative arts

Tableware Dishware White Tree Font

·
Registered
79 Posts
It’s a shame that Springfield didn’t (hasn’t) push the dual nature of the XDM 3.8 Compact. With the flush mags it’s ideal for concealed carry (and you pack a good punch with it in any caliber) and then with the extended mags it is ideal for home defense. In fact I conceal carry with a flush mag in the gun but carry an extended mag or two for reserve. The grip is the hardest part of a handgun to hide, but for me the flush mags conceal excellently and I’ve got 11+1 rounds of 40S&W ready to go. Tough to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
The xdm 3.8 compact is excellent. I run Elite mags due to one more round and they're more comfortable with the extension.

Ive got a 10mm 3.8 compact Elite too. It's a little small and light for a hard hitting caliber but it's not unpleasant. Especially since I changed to that from a .460 Rowland conversion. THAT is not very comfortable to shoot more than a few rounds.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ive got a 10mm 3.8 compact Elite too. It's a little small and light for a hard hitting caliber but it's not unpleasant. Especially since I changed to that from a .460 Rowland conversion. THAT is not very comfortable to shoot more than a few rounds.
I created a Frankengun by combining my 10mm Elite frame with the now-old 4.5 10mm slide. Just like my Frankengun 9mm, it feels strange, but great, at the same time. I put a lot of rounds through the 9mm version and it shoots both accurately, and well. I'll shoot my 10mm version later this month. More later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts