Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I owned an xdm 3.8 compact before, but now I'm looking at Xdm elite 3.8 OSP as my home/defense FA, is it worth it to have it again (knowing that I owned the xdm 3.8 compact before). I don't have any issue on my 3.8 compact, that is why I'm considering the ELITE one.

• Can this be considered an upgrade of Xdm 3.8 compact?
  • What is the significant difference vs 3.8 compact?
  • Is this as reliable as the Xdm 3.8 compact?

Kindly help guys, thank you..

·
Registered
342 Posts
To answer your three questions:

1 and 2. Yes. The upgrades being a better trigger and U-shaped rear sights. Ambi slide stop/release. More refined slide serrations. No real need to change the base plate to the magazines. A removable wide mouth the the mag well. It also feels sleeker in the hands to me.

3. It’s at least as reliable as the previous generation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
THank you for your reply sir,

how about the red dot, if I want to change the dragonfly with other brands like trijicon RMR or burris, will it fit (the same mounting) on the Xdm elite, like plug and play? or needed to re-mill, because the available unit is one with hex dragonfly osp

The Hex dragonfly is more than enough?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi, I owned an xdm 3.8 compact before, but now I'm looking at Xdm elite 3.8 OSP as my home/defense FA, is it worth it to have it again (knowing that I owned the xdm 3.8 compact before). I don't have any issue on my 3.8 compact, that is why I'm considering the ELITE one.

MJ already answered, and I 2nd his opinion. I own both the original XDm 3.8 compact in 40 S&W and I have the new XDm 3.8 9mm, with the dragonfly reflex sight. I EDC one or the other daily. They both fit the same holster. I have the holster cut out of the optic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey I’ve got to agree with the previous posters. You won’t be disappointed. I’ve got a compact 3.8” and 4.5” and both are fantastic guns. I literally have nothing negative to say. Both are nearing 1k rounds and are wearing well. Zero issues with anything. Definitely an upgrade but they’re exactly that. Phenomenal platform and the elite line just improves areas that can almost always get better (sights and trigger specifically).

On the topic of the optic I’d say that for general use the Hex is more than sufficient. If you’re planning to do any high impact training you might want to upgrade but for most users the Hex line will be totally fine. Should you choose to change optics the footprint on the gun is compatible with other optics such as Burris Fastfire and Vortex Venom. That allows you to direct mount those optics without needing any adapter plates. Should you choose to use a different optic you can get aftermarket adapter plates.

Overall, my opinion is that I think you’ll be happy with the elite line. They’re reliable, comfortable to shoot, affordable, and have aftermarket equipment readily available.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Yes it’s worth it, I own both and the trigger is the main difference along with the ambi controls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, my only dilemma is that its hard to find parts and accessories of Xd here in the Philippines, like magazine base, talon grips, etc.. that's is why now I'm torn between XDm and Glock 17 MOS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks everyone, my only dilemma is that its hard to find parts and accessories of Xd here in the Philippines, like magazine base, talon grips, etc.. that's is why now I'm torn between XDm and Glock 17 MOS
I didn’t realize you could own guns in the Philippines! That’s awesome.

G17 is definitely probably easier but ergonomically I prefer the SA.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Any comments from the 10mm owners? Same song, second verse?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts