Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Canik's generally have excellent triggers. I am a fan of Springfield pistols, now having three of them, the latest being a Hellcat. I also have a Canik TP9SFx.
It's a close call. You'll have to play with each of them and decide.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are they both the "Elite" models?

I prefer the Springfield, but they are similar in price and size... I've heard Canik's are good, so it's personal preference.

The only other consideration is aftermarket accessories (holsters, cost of magazines, etc.). I think the XDM has a few more options out there, but not too many more.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I fondled a Canik at a local gun shop and it felt really nice. Good trigger it seemed. Liked the overall feel. Would love more time on the range with one.

There is no room in my budget for another gun, so not picking one up. My XDMc also is a great gun all around so really don't need anything else.

Don't think you can go wrong with either of them. For an edc, it felt like the Canik was a little lighter so it may get the nod if was going to do it over again.

Reactions: YosemiteCedar

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Got rid of all my Springfield and have all the Caniks though the new elites have a new trigger they cant match the Caniks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
What is the XDM 3.8" is it a 9mm or a .40S&W forgive me for asking I'm not up on the Springfield Armory XDM's?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
What is the XDM 3.8" is it a 9mm or a .40S&W forgive me for asking I'm not up on the Springfield Armory XDM's?
The XDM 3.8" is a shorter barrel of the full size XDM 4.5 and 5.25 inch versions. It can come with a full grip or a shorter grip for easier concealment. Overall great guns!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts