Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a XDm 3.8 compact 9mm in all black but now wish I would have gotten the Bitone... Is it worth getting the same gun in Bitone but .40 instead of 9mm? This could be an gun addict question but I really love the Bitone! Opinions please. Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
One can never have too many guns. Plus you get 3 extra mags now! I have an xdm40c bitone and I love the crap out of it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
do what I did (no bitone when I got mine last year)...

get your slide and barrel refinished by CCR for 100$+shipping

·
Registered
224 Posts
do what I did (no bitone when I got mine last year)...

get your slide and barrel refinished by CCR for 100$+shipping

thats a great idea, I have a xd45acp that the bluing is wore a little that Id like to have re-done, and I do LOVE my 3.8 bi-tone 40!! HIGHly recomend getting one or two or three! lol do they have any color options or is it stricktly blue or stainless?

·
Registered
224 Posts
@lucki86 I'd say that a 40 is way better than a 9mm is a defensive situation because of the knockdown capability just my opinion

@xdm9cwa where did you get yours done at?

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would refinishing the barrel lose the warrenty? Does the 9mm and .40 use the same mags??

Refinished barrel= $100
3 extra mags= $90 with shipping

$190...Might as well get the Bitone .40 for $400 more right???:confused::):)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just looked at the CCR website and for limit amount of time they are offering $79 for a refinished slide

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called James over at XD-HS2000 to ask him how the night sights installation was going on my slide and also told him about how I wish I would have got with the Bitone version. James said "If you want I can refinish your slide to make it stainless steel just like the Bitone" I was thrilled when I heard that and said please do!! James is a great person to talk to on the phone and has great customer service!! Thanks again James!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Would refinishing the barrel lose the warrenty? Does the 9mm and .40 use the same mags??

Refinished barrel= $100
3 extra mags= $90 with shipping

$190...Might as well get the Bitone .40 for $400 more right???:confused::):)
sound like a true gun addict... I like your logic... :D

·
Registered
11,293 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
lucki, I own 5 XD/XDm's now and when the 5.25 comes out in .40 it'll be 6. My son shoots a bi-tone XDm9 in competition and they are great looking guns! The only thing I'd suggest is that if you can get your hands on a .40 before you buy just to see how it works for you, do it. The .40 is not for everyone; some people shoot it very well, some people hate the 'snappy' nature of the higher pressure round. I compete with .40 in an XDm and I love it.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
lucki, I own 5 XD/XDm's now and when the 5.25 comes out in .40 it'll be 6. My son shoots a bi-tone XDm9 in competition and they are great looking guns! The only thing I'd suggest is that if you can get your hands on a .40 before you buy just to see how it works for you, do it. The .40 is not for everyone; some people shoot it very well, some people hate the 'snappy' nature of the higher pressure round. I compete with .40 in an XDm and I love it.
The .40 and the 9mm operate in the same pressure range, the .40 is not a higher pressure round.

don

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I used to own the glock 23 which is a .40 cal and I shot that just as good as my 9mm xdm

·
Registered
132 Posts
This really is a great forum. First I herd of the 3 extra magazines. I have wanted a xdm9 compact pretty much since I bought my xd40 in April. Kinda appropriate I find this info in a gun addict thread. Haha SOLD may just pick it up this weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts