Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my .45 less than a month ago. I have shot 350 rounds of 230g Federal fmj and 250 185g Barnes jhp. I have only had ftf problems with the 13 round extended magazines. Just went out and bought another 9 and 13 round mag. Not one problem with the 9 round mags. Every other time I load the 13 round mags I get a failure. Most ftf is not even attempting to go up the ramp ,three of them got pinched going into the chamber. Don't think I am limp wristing the pistol. Any ideas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are the 13 round magazines factory magazines or aftermarket items buy another manufacturer? If they are not factory magazines that could be the problem.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are factory mags. Went out this morning and only loaded 10 in each. Still the same.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Make sure the X-Tension is completely seated to the bottom of the magazine, so it does not hinder the magazine seating all the way into the pistol. It sounds like your full sized magazines are not seating all the way into the pistol.

Another test would be to seat the full sized magazine into your pistol without an X-Tension.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems choo2x is correct. With the X-Tensions removed and the mags firmly seated no more feed problems. Thanks to you and all the other helpful people on the forum. Now to fit the X-Tensions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my .45 less than a month ago. I have shot 350 rounds of 230g Federal fmj and 250 185g Barnes jhp. I have only had ftf problems with the 13 round extended magazines. Just went out and bought another 9 and 13 round mag. Not one problem with the 9 round mags. Every other time I load the 13 round mags I get a failure. Most ftf is not even attempting to go up the ramp ,three of them got pinched going into the chamber. Don't think I am limp wristing the pistol. Any ideas.
I'm having the same problem you describe to the tee. The 9 round works fine, but the 13 doesn't feed sometimes. I recently starting using the 13 round mag so it is lightly used. I purchased mine in the time frame of your original post. Are you still using without the extension? I'll try without the extension and maybe trim it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts