Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I did some searching on these forums and found some similar threads but didn't quite find the exact answers I wanted.

I recently purchased the XDm 3.8 bi-tone 40 caliber. I only shot ten rounds out of it and starting noticing my barrel finish showing what I would think is abnormal wear for such a limited amount of shots, especially at the end of the barrel.

Please take a look at my pics and let me know what you think... anything i can do? I saw other pics showing wear, but they didn't seem like this. I wonder if the the bi-tone is making it look worse?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Shimmy,

Welcome to the Forum. 8)

Not trying to be a smarta$$ here, but finish wear on the barrel is pretty normal.

Don't worry about it. It's a TOOL, after all, and if you USE it, it WILL show signs of USE.

Duane

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
What the heck happened to the front sight?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had some fiber optics put on from dealer. The front sight cracked after first couple shots. As you can imagine I was a little upset, especially when seeing the barrel markings too.

My question is, I have seen barrel wear and markings from the all black XDm models, but they don't seem as bad as mine. Do you think the bi tone is rubbing off and causing a different wear?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Not sure what condition you started with. I recommend thoroughly cleaning the pistol in accordance with the manual, then go fire at least 100 rounds of quality factory ammo. Then take some pics and let us know. Might ask a buddy with another 40 to do the same and compare.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's completely normal. If you don't want any wear then don't ever fire it again. I have an XDM 4.5 bi-tone that started out like that. After 1,000 rounds it became a consistent light spot that covers the whole barrel. Shoot it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate all of the responses. I just wanted to make sure this was normal. Looks like I will oil this puppy up and have some more fun.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Just for reference, here is a pic of the barrel on my brand new unfired XDm BiTone 4.5 9mm. I just took this picture just now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts