Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve not found anything online except the barsto compensated barrels. I’ve contacted Springfield and the woman was just absolutely dumbfounded that I would want a second barrel for my gun... I got the threaded osp model, which is great. I was just wanting a non threaded barrel for something a little different and innawoods. She said i would have to send it in, pay for the barrel, labor for fitting, and shipping. That would be good but she said they have none in stock and couldn’t bare to spend another moment on the phone with someone who’s got such insane ideas like wanting parts that aren’t broken or voluntarily spending money on something that isn’t desperately needed.

Anyway, I’ve come here for help. Do I have any other options? Is there any way to circumvent Springfield and the wonderfully charming woman that answers their phones? Are there any other companies that are making it will be making barrels? Is there a good place to try to find someone who bought an aftermarket Barsto barrel, and might be willing to pay with their oem 4.5?

I appreciate any insight I can get on this... thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the opposite boat. I have been trying to find a threaded barrel for my 10mm. looking to put a comp on mine. I didn't want the tall sights or rmr cutout. thought the xdm would be like every other pistol in that you could buy the factory threaded barrel seperate. boy was I wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in the opposite boat. I have been trying to find a threaded barrel for my 10mm. looking to put a comp on mine. I didn't want the tall sights or rmr cutout. thought the xdm would be like every other pistol in that you could buy the factory threaded barrel seperate. boy was I wrong.
I didn’t think I wanted the non threaded barrel at all til I got it. I suppose you could send it into Springfield... should be south of $300, but that’s what you’re looking at with Barsto barrels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Barsto sells a standard non extended barrel. Here XD-M 4.5 10mm - Bar-Sto not the cheapest but they do make good barrels. I have one of their 9x25 Dillon barrels for my xd 10mm. That said though not sure why you wouldn't want the threaded barrel. Longer barrel equals more fps. The 4.5 threaded is basically the same length barrel as the long slide, actually a hair longer. 5.3 vs 5.25

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just picked up a 10mm 5.25 model, been scouring the web for what is out there. This is the most promising thing I've found:

It does say 40S+W instead of 10mm, the gunsmith might have to get creative. Except... out of stock anyway.

Is it possible that the factory barrel on the 5.25 10mm model is just so good that the aftermarket doesn't see any reason to make one? Are there just not enough people shooting this gun for it to make sense to mass produce?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Springer has the option to get barstow with or without the compensator threads:

Available in factory length with no threading, just have to select the right options in the 5 different dropdowns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts